Australian Style vs. American Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ole Miss chapter.

Australian Style vs. American Style

By: Jasmin Maastricht

First of all, there is a big difference between an Australian’s style of clothing to an American’s style of clothing. Typically between say, the biggest surf states of Australia, which are Queensland and Western Australia and the biggest fashion capital of the world, New York.

What’s the big difference you ask? Well, it’s basically surf fashion vs. city fashion. If you have seen the hit television shows, “The Hills” and “The City”, you will see exactly why.

The Typical Australian Style:  

The Typical American Style:

It’s a bit like comparing Delta Goodrem with Blake Lively.       

They both have many different styles, just as they were born in different parts of the world.      

Relaxed Style:     

Glam Style:      

These two ladies, amongst others, are the most stylish influential women in the world. So there you have it, Australian Style vs. American Style. Which one suits you?

Darby Radcliff is a junior at Ole Miss majoring in Magazine Journalism, the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus chapter at Ole Miss, as well as a member of the Delta Delta Delta sorority. Besides having a passion for journalism, Darby has always had a strong interest in fashion, and has had the amazing opportunity to attend and cover runway shows and fashion presentations for various fashion editorial sites and style blogs during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York City, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami, as well as she has covered L.A. Fashion Week.