The Season of Pastels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Old Westbury chapter.

2017 will be the year to remember. We went from the “granny hair style” of silver streaks to now becoming mermaids and unicorns. Unicorn like the new Starbucks drink! (LOL get it?) Moving on! This year, spring and summer constitute of beautiful pastel colored hair that fit just about any diva. Celebrities are rocking these colors such as, Hilary Duff, Joe Jonas, Katy Perry, Kyle Jenner, Tyra Banks, and many more. According to Elite Daily, “These pretty pops of color give off a fun, feminine vibe, and considering the endless amount of soft shades available.” Here are some top views of what we will be seeing on ladies everywhere this summer:

1. Starbuck’s Unicorn Drink

Cute!

2. Mermaid

Basic AF!

3. Soft Pink

This is actually really pretty.

4. Bombshell Blonde with Pops of Color

Interesting…    

5. Purple

FABULOUS!

6. Blue

Digging it. 

7. Rainbow

OMG!

Nathalie Ligonde is a senior at SUNY at Old Westbury majoring in Media and Communications. She is a Campus Co-Correspondent at Her Campus at Old Westbury. Ligonde is passionate about travelling, writing and learning new languages. She enjoys binging TV shows and movies on Netflix and loves hanging out with her friends. Her dream is to make a difference in the world by inspiring people to love themselves and others for who they are. You can follow her on Instagram to see all her adventures: @nathzwhatz