This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Old Westbury chapter.

College is rough, and managing your time is crucial. Finals are coming up which means it is crunch time, so grab your planner, grab your coffee, and let’s get organized.

1. Have a planner and use it! Sure having a planner is cute, but put your stuff to use. Having a blank planner is just extra clutter and not beneficial. 

2. Buy a travel mug! You need coffee or tea or something, not just for caffeine but also as a nice treat. Having a warm, yummy beverage is a great treat during a hectic day (or semester). 

3. Take breaks! Yes you have a billion papers due and you have work in between, but take a break. If that means you have to spend a little extra time working one day so you can go out with your girls another, do it! Schedule your break time like you schedule you work hours.

4. Invest in a good book! Read something other than your text book. 

Jessinta Smith

Old Westbury

Jessinta is a Media and Communications major at SUNY Old Westbury, and has written for varying outlets including Out.com and StudyBreaks. She edits, writes, and is CC for HCOW, and discusses everything from mental health to politics. To see more of her work or get in contact with her, visit jessintawrites.wordpress.com.