The Best Hair Products For Curly Hair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Old Westbury chapter.

I love my curly hair but sometimes it can be so hard to manage. I have acquired some holy grail products to make maintenance of my curly locks easier, and I definitely want to share them with my fellow curly haired chicks.

1. Stylers.

They are used as primers after using shampoo and conditioner before using any blow dryer or heating products on your hair. Spray some into your damp locks after washing, and try to find a UV protective curl-defining cream that helps create flexible, highly moisturized curls with sleek definition and movement.

2. Leave- in Conditioner.

After using shampoo you’re going to want to use a conditioner that’s a great moisturizer, I suggest using a leave-in conditioner if your curls tend to be more dry than others. You want a nutrient-rich, curl-enhancing conditioner that reduces frizz and adds shine while protecting from heat and color fading.

3. Shampoos.

You should use a gentle, deep cleansing formula that thoroughly removes buildup without stripping away essential moisture, while adding shine and bounce. I have always struggled with finding this kind of shampoo till I found DevaCurl.

4. Hair masks.

This can be an intensive weekly treatment to restore essential hydration and enhance hair’s resilience and strength. The brand I trust the most is Briogeo hair masks to give my hair a sultry silky look and feel.

Rebecca Tirino

Old Westbury '20

Hello my name is Rebecca! I currently attend SUNY and Hofstra university.
Jessinta Smith

Old Westbury

Jessinta is a Media and Communications major at SUNY Old Westbury, and has written for varying outlets including Out.com and StudyBreaks. She edits, writes, and is CC for HCOW, and discusses everything from mental health to politics. To see more of her work or get in contact with her, visit jessintawrites.wordpress.com.