5 Things to Do Instead of Filing the FAFSA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Old Westbury chapter.

The FAFSA can now be filed as early as October 1st,  which is three months earlier than its previous January 1st opening date. This is fantastic news – not! With so many difficult questions, here are five things to do instead of stressing over whether you filed a 1040, 1040A, 1040Z, 1040EZ last year.

Rake Your Yard

The seasons are changing and the leaves are falling! Get out those paper bags and rake your yard. You’re not only earning brownie points with your parents, but you’re getting in a mini workout too.

Make a Candy Pizza

Halloween passed and you probably still have leftover candy that you feel guilty about eating. Jazz up the chocolate bars and make a cookie pizza! Try this recipe here.

Treat Yourself to a Facial

Stress is filling the air as the semester drags on and even your skin needs to relax, too! Drug stores sell awesome chocolate, green tea, and charcoal masks for only $1! If you want to try a homemade mask, try one of these!

Apply for a New Job

A lot of us are tired of our current jobs and need a change. Today is the day to make that change! If you haven’t checked it out yet, the Her Campus Job & Internship Board has so many amazing and unique opportunities. Search Craigslist and Indeed to see what’s available also, and don’t be afraid to go out of your comfort zone!

Call Your Grandparents

As college students, we have such busy schedules that we forget to call our old folks. Grandma and Grandpa miss their studious grandchild! Give them a call and you’ll surely brighten their day.

After completing this list (and maybe adding to it!) you will feel so relaxed and satisfied that you’ll be totally ready to fill out your FAFSA! Happy procrastinating, collegiettes.

SaveSave

Michelle is pursuing a degree in Media and Communications at SUNY Old Westbury. All that really matters to her are cute dogs, good food, and making her dreams come true. As a wise woman once said, "Never apologize for being a powerful f*cking woman."
Deirdre Bardolf

Old Westbury

"With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?" Student, 22. Long Island