5 Steps to Prepare for Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Old Westbury chapter.

Finals week is the worst! Fortunately, we’re here to make college life easier! Here are 5 steps to kick ass on your finals: 

1- Plan ahead and be realistic.

You need to write everything down! Write down on your calendar the date and time of each of your exams. Make a study guide for each class or add notes to the ones made by your professors. If you haven’t been studying all semester, try to spend at least 3 hours on each class (This will not likely work, but try to understand the material). 

2- Meal prep!

You have to eat! If you’re hungry during your exam, you won’t take your time to get the answers right. Make sure you eat healthy! Once you feel well you do well! Eat the fruits and vegetable of you choice. Salads are very filling! You won’t feel tired or blotted after eating well. 

3- Sleep!

We’re only human and there’s only so much we can do! Our body needs sleep for us to function! Think of it this way; when your phone is about to die, you hurry up and charge it because there’s nothing you can do with a dead phone. Your body needs to recharge for at least 5 hours!

4- Take advantage of all the resources on campus!

If you’re not sure you understand the class material or that your paper is well written, there are people willing to help you! Go to the tutoring center or the writing center! No one wants you to fail, so make sure you take advantage of that! 

5- Take a break!

Sometimes our brain has too much information. All you need to do is step away from the computer, books and all electronic devices. Go outside; walk around to clear your head for about half an hour. Think about everything but school! Relax and take it down a notch. 

Nathalie Ligonde is a senior at SUNY at Old Westbury majoring in Media and Communications. She is a Campus Co-Correspondent at Her Campus at Old Westbury. Ligonde is passionate about travelling, writing and learning new languages. She enjoys binging TV shows and movies on Netflix and loves hanging out with her friends. Her dream is to make a difference in the world by inspiring people to love themselves and others for who they are. You can follow her on Instagram to see all her adventures: @nathzwhatz