The 5 Feelings When Your Best Friend Has A Baby

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Old Westbury chapter.

At a certain age your friends start having babies on purpose, and it can be wild. But the moment your best friend has a baby is magical, because it’s like you’re getting a new bestie. Your duo suddenly becomes a trio, and you fall in love with your bff even more (not to mention how you fall in love with that new baby). There are so many complex emotions, but these are my top five.

1. Confusion 

Wait you’re what? Well what are you gonna do about it? Oh you were planning this? Okay, okay, cool. This is cool. Yeah, I’m cool. I swear. 

2. Excitement

Wait I’m actually so excited! Like a new bestie? A tiny bestie? A baby who I can love and give back when she gets to be too much?! Okay I’m down!

3. Paranoia 

Everyone at this baby shower is pregnant, am *I* pregnant?! Did I remember my pill?! I should get an IUD. Yeah, I’m going to get an IUD.

4. Over Protection

No one will hurt my friend, and no one will hurt this baby. Oh you have a cough? Here, take this mask. You want to hold the baby? Here, I have hand sanitizer. Don’t f*ck with either of them or I will snap.

5. Love

Wow I love my best friend, and this baby. I’m so in love. Who knew I could love this much? Not me, but I do. I would die for these two humans. They are angels. This baby is the love of my life, boyfriend who? I don’t care about him, I have this baby.

Jessinta Smith

Old Westbury

Jessinta is a Media and Communications major at SUNY Old Westbury, and has written for varying outlets including Out.com and StudyBreaks. She edits, writes, and is CC for HCOW, and discusses everything from mental health to politics. To see more of her work or get in contact with her, visit jessintawrites.wordpress.com.