5 Best Places to Study On Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Old Westbury chapter.

Finals week is literally right around the corner which means that it’s time to cram collegiettes. Unfortunately, during finals week, the campus library is as loud as ever. Don’t worry though, we’ve got your back. There are great hiding spots on campus where you can logout from our loud environment:

1. The Curriculum Materials Center (CMC)

CMC is in the library, upstairs, right next to the elevator. Unless you’re an Education major, you probably have never heard of CMC. It’s filled with children’s books and stuff you won’t need, but it’s pretty, clean, and most importantly, quite. That’s all you need!

2. Library Basement

No one really goes down there unless they are looking for books or are looking for some peace. There are not many tables down there so it might be occupied. It’s a great study spot though! People actually respect library rules.

3. Student Union Computer Lab

There’s only one computer lab in the Student Union and people go there to actually get work done, It’s quite. There might be a few whispers here and there but you’ll definitely find the privacy to study you need. No distractions.

4. Outdoors

There are a few spots outdoors where you won’t find any distractions. The school is legit in the woods. If you don’t mind nature, find a big empty field and make yourself at home. Outdoors could also be right next to Dunkin Donuts where you can plug in you head phones, zone out, and focus on your work.

5. NAB Computer Labs

It’s usually crowded where the Mac’s are. Go in the labs where the old computers are, and bring your own laptop. People tend to avoid these computers, which is why it’s the place to be!

Good luck on finals collegiettes. You’ve got this! Follow @hcoldwestbury on Instagram for motivation, study tips, you might even win a giveaway contest.

Nathalie Ligonde is a senior at SUNY at Old Westbury majoring in Media and Communications. She is a Campus Co-Correspondent at Her Campus at Old Westbury. Ligonde is passionate about travelling, writing and learning new languages. She enjoys binging TV shows and movies on Netflix and loves hanging out with her friends. Her dream is to make a difference in the world by inspiring people to love themselves and others for who they are. You can follow her on Instagram to see all her adventures: @nathzwhatz