4 Ways to Make Cleaning Fun and Easy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Old Westbury chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you Google everything! You probably Googled “ways to make cleaning fun/easy” and found this article. That alone makes you a procrastinator who hates cleaning. Personally, if I don’t force myself to clean a few times a week I’ll leave my room with clothes everywhere and there will be no floor space to walk on. I do five things in order to clean my place properly and have fun doing it. 

1. Plan what you’ll do in a clean room. 

For example, I like to treat myself with a DIY spa night. The room feels clean and fresh, it smells good and the face mask and cucumbers are like frosting on a cake. You can read a book with a hot beverage or you can have people over without feeling uneasy. Just make sure they don’t make the place messy all over again. 

2. Set a goal. 

What do you want the room to look like? Make a plan. For example, I always have the same plan to throw away everything that bothers me first then put everything back where they belong. Then you can start sweeping, vacuuming, and dusting off. Only three annoying steps! 

3. Suit up. 

I hate cleaning with my bare hands but I enjoy putting on the yellow gloves from time to time. With my gloves on and my cleaning equipment, I feel like I’m going on a mission and I enjoy that.  

4. Have a party for one. 

Cleaning is boring and annoying for most people. So put some music on, turn it up and dance. Let the beat take over your body while the cleaning is your choreography and sing it like you mean it. In my head, I’m performing with Beyoncé and the crowd loves it. 

You got this, collegiettes!

SaveSave

Nathalie Ligonde is a senior at SUNY at Old Westbury majoring in Media and Communications. She is a Campus Co-Correspondent at Her Campus at Old Westbury. Ligonde is passionate about travelling, writing and learning new languages. She enjoys binging TV shows and movies on Netflix and loves hanging out with her friends. Her dream is to make a difference in the world by inspiring people to love themselves and others for who they are. You can follow her on Instagram to see all her adventures: @nathzwhatz