This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by Charles Deluvio on Unsplash

There have been plenty of really great movies that have already come out like Black Panther and I Can Only Imagine, so make sure you head over to the theatre to see those as well!  Check out these that are coming to a theater soon near you!

1. Avengers: Infinity War (May 4th)

Before the end of the Universe as we know it happens, the Avengers clan gets back together once again to stop the evil Thanos.  Starring Iron Man, Groot, Black Panther, Star-Lord, Captain America and plenty of other superhero allies, this action movie is about to showcase the most intense showdown of all time.

Rated: Not yet rated, but likely will be PG-13

2. Solo: A Star Wars Story (May 25th)

So technically The Last Jedi was supposed to be the last Star Wars movie, but this Star Wars movie is about young Han Solo and Chewbacca as they meet.  Together the two of them begin their daring adventures that are full of excitement. Find out in the prequel how their crew came together.

Rated: NR

3. Blockers (April 6th)

Prepare for some major laughs!  John Cena, Leslie Mann, and Ike Barinholtz come across their daughters’ plan to lose their virginity on prom night.  The three overprotective parents band together and form an operation to stop their teens from going all the way. The three go through some pretty crazy activities on their quest to stop the night from going down!   

Rated: R

4. Overboard (May 4th)

If you haven’t seen the original you are missing out here! After hiring Kate, a single, working-class mom to clean his yacht, a spoiled, very wealthy, yacht owner, Leonardo, is thrown overboard, waking up with no memory of who he is.  With intentions of payback for mistreating her while cleaning, Kate goes to the hospital and convinces Leonardo that they are married. As time goes on Kate finds out that this little trick could go on for a bit if she tried…or will he find out who he is!

Rated: PG-13

5. Deadpool 2 (June 1st)

Ryan Reynolds, aka the hottest man alive, is back again as one of our favorite anti heroes, Deadpool!  After surviving a near bovine fatal attack, the wisecracking Wade Wilson struggles to find his “spice for life” again.  Battling Ninjas, the Yakuza, and a pack of interesting canines, he learns the importance of family, friends, and flavor.

Rated: Not yet rated, but probably will be R

6. Ocean’s 8 (June 8th)

Creating a sequel to the 1960 crime film Ocean’s 11, Ocean’s 8 is about a criminal mastermind, Debbie Ocean, and seven other female thieves and their attempt to pull of the biggest theft of the century.  At this year’s Met Gala they will attempt to steal a necklace that is worth more than $150 million.

Rated: Not yet rated, but probably will be PG-13 (based upon the other Ocean’s Trilogy movies)

7. Incredibles 2 (June 15th)

Let’s be honest, this is the most hyped up movie of 2018!  Our favorite superhero family is back! But instead of Mr. Incredible saving the world, his new challenge is taking care of his three kids, Violet, Dash, and Jack-Jack.  While Mr. Incredible faces taking care of the family, ElastiGirl aka Mrs. Incredible is off saving the world! We have been waiting for this since our childhoods, so move over 2000 babies because everyone from the 90’s is first in line.

Rated: NR

8. Ant Man and the Wasp (July 6th)

Marvel is bringing you another new superhero movie this year!  And if we are going off how their last superhero release went, we think it’s going to be great!  In this new release Scott Lang has to find the right balance between being a superhero and reconnecting with his home life as a father.  Together, Ant-Man and The Wasp have the new mission to uncover their past and the secrets that are held within it.

Rated: UR  

9. Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (July 20th)

My my, how can I resist you?  Seriously how can we resist this upcoming movie!?  Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again is all about Sophie finding out more about her mother’s past while wondering what guidance those around her have on how she will handle her pregnancy.  This movie is bound to have an incredible sound score and will be an exciting sequel to the first movie.

Rated: PG-13

10. Christopher Robin (August 3rd)

We all grew up on this lovable bear, and now he’s back!  Christopher is all grown up and Pooh Bear is making a come back!  Now as an adult, Christopher needs his old pal’s laughs and love to rediscover the true joys of life and how he can experience them all again, except this time it’s outside of the Acre Woods.  

Rated: PG

Mac Crone

Oklahoma '20

Mac is a sophomore at OU, from Florida, studying management information systems, pre law, with a minor in politcal science.  She is involved in sports and politics, with the plans to continue both after college.  She is passionate about writing and hopes to influence others in some way through it.  
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!