Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Oklahoma Blog

Have Contiki, Will Travel - Win the Trip of a Lifetime!

By Kirby Smyth
February 10, 2012 - 4:05pm

READ MORE

10 Study Tips for Final Exams

By Kali Carter
December 7, 2011 - 12:57pm

Last week, the Huffington Post released a list of 12 tips to help students study for final exams. Here, we have combined some of their items with some of our favorites! 1) Take study breaks: According to research, the best way to study is in 20-50 minute sections, then take mini breaks of 5-10 minutes. 2) Listen to classical music: According to the Huff Post, certain types of music, like Mozart's compositions, have been shown to activate both sides of the brains in listeners. 3) Form study groups: Working in groups can be productive, but make sure to focus on the task at hand. It is easy to get sidetracked, but if one person is focused, the group is likely to focus too. READ MORE

Our Favorite Easy, Do-It-Yourself Beauty Products

By Jillian Ward
November 20, 2011 - 5:16pm

As girls, we want to look our best and have FUN in the process (cue the Cyndi Lauper background music). Each year, the beauty industry sucks up gazillions of our hard-earned dollars and often puts us through painful procedures (waxing, anyone?). Here are a few at-home recipes you can use to have fun, save money, and painlessly improve your look.

Lip Balm
Don’t know what to do with that little bit of lipstick left at the end of the tube? Turn them into tinted lip balm of course! You can choose your color, flavor, scent and container too. This project is great for you and as gifts for others.
  READ MORE

One Day's Worth of Budget-Friendly Meals

By Jillian Ward
October 25, 2011 - 10:47am

What I’ve found to be so simple yet, so challenging, in college is feeding myself. Gone are the times when healthy, Mom-cooked meals showed up on my dinner table, and now I find myself needing to find nourishment that won’t contribute to the Freshman –or, Senior-- 15 and doesn’t break the bank.
Here are some staples of mine that I want to share with HC girls who are looking for simple things to cook that beat McDonald’s in the nutrition department. BREAKFAST/SNACK: No-bake granola balls
I’ve spent hours comparing countless granola bar boxes looking for the healthiest choice, until recently I discovered I can make my own! This is a great snack because it is easily customizable (for other picky eaters out there) and you don’t even need an oven...

The End of an Era

By Kali Carter
October 14, 2011 - 1:28am

When I first came to the University of Oklahoma, I had no idea how fast the next four years of my life would go by. Last fall, I began what was supposed to be my final year of college. After a last minute major change, I realized I would end up staying in school for a semester longer than the standard four years. As my best friends started graduating last December, I quickly accepted the fact that I would not have to leave my college bubble just yet. READ MORE

A Veteran's Take on OU/Texas Weekend

By Kali Carter
October 7, 2011 - 1:08am

As of tomorrow, this little college town of Norman, Okla., will virtually turn into a ghost town for the next three days. Not only is the university closed Friday, but some local stores, businesses, and restaurants will close up shop for part of the weekend as students and Norman natives travel down to Dallas for the Red River Rivalry. As a victory lap senior, here are my thoughts on OU/Texas weekend and some free advice for all you freshmen who have no idea exactly what to expect. 1) It's called the OU/Texas game. People from the state south of us like to refer to this weekend as Texas/OU. If for any reason you call it this, anyone wearing crimson and cream will attack you. READ MORE

Welcome to Her Campus Oklahoma

By Kali Carter
September 23, 2011 - 4:04pm

Not sure if that belt goes with your gameday/tailgating outfit? We have the latest trends in fashion. Looking for the name of the cute boy in your psychology class? He just may be this week's campus cutie. Can't remember where that career fair is you read about last week? Find the information in the upcoming events. Her Campus Oklahoma is the Sooner collegiette's guide to life! We've got you covered when it comes to fashion, celebs, trends, boys, events, health, nutrition, and everything in between. Since the launch of our site Sept. 13, we have had a number of writers working on content for the women at the University of Oklahoma. Be sure to check the site daily for the latest news, photos, polls, events, celebs, and cuties spotted at OU....