Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Oklahoma Archives

Have Contiki, Will Travel - Win the Trip of a Lifetime!

By Kirby Smyth
February 10, 2012 - 4:05pm

READ MORE

Do's and Don'ts of Holiday Etiquette

By Kali Carter
December 7, 2011 - 5:31pm

Do you have that friend who returns every gift she receives for Christmas? Do you write thank you letters to family members when they give you a gift? Here are some of the major do's and don'ts of holiday etiquette for the holiday season! DO talk to extended family members if you want to scale down on expensive gifts. Figure out an alternative option for gift giving, such as drawing names, limiting gifts to a specific dollar amount, or a white elephant/dirty santa gift exchange. Most people are on some sort of budget and they will probably be relieved too! READ MORE

10 Study Tips for Final Exams

By Kali Carter
December 7, 2011 - 12:57pm

Last week, the Huffington Post released a list of 12 tips to help students study for final exams. Here, we have combined some of their items with some of our favorites! 1) Take study breaks: According to research, the best way to study is in 20-50 minute sections, then take mini breaks of 5-10 minutes. 2) Listen to classical music: According to the Huff Post, certain types of music, like Mozart's compositions, have been shown to activate both sides of the brains in listeners. 3) Form study groups: Working in groups can be productive, but make sure to focus on the task at hand. It is easy to get sidetracked, but if one person is focused, the group is likely to focus too. READ MORE

Oklahoma Festival Ballet Presents The Nutcracker

By Kali Carter
December 7, 2011 - 11:41am

READ MORE

December Holiday Guide: Top Oklahoma Attractions

By Kali Carter
December 1, 2011 - 2:46pm

To people who live outside the state, Oklahoma may not exactly scream Winter Wonderland. Those of us who live here know we experience some sort of wondrous proportions each year (i.e. ice storm 2007; Snowmageddon 2011). With or without snow on the ground, Oklahoma is a great place to live, or visit, during the holidays.

One of the hottest trends in both Tulsa and Oklahoma City is the shift downtown; however, since Bricktown began in the mid-to-late 1990s, Oklahoma City’s downtown has been steps ahead of the city to the North. These days, Tulsa’s Blue Dome District continues to expand, making a name for itself as one of the most vibrant locations in the city.

...

Honorary Cutie Andrew Jenks

By Kali Carter
December 1, 2011 - 11:22am

He may not technically attend the University of Oklahoma, but this cutie was spotted on our campus last night. Andrew Jenks, the star of the MTV reality show "World of Jenks," spoke to students in the Molly Shi Boren Ballroom in the Oklahoma Memorial Union. With his documentary show about to begin its second season, Jenks is hosting meet-and-greets at universities throughout the country to tell students about his personal story and how ordinary people are doing extraordinary things in our world. Read on to see a few fun facts we dug up about our honorary cutie. READ MORE

Be a Voice for Children Candlelight Vigil

By Kali Carter
December 1, 2011 - 11:02am

In response to the recent Penn State allegations, the Women's Outreach Center is holding a "Be a Voice for Children Candlelight Vigil" tonight at 6p.m. in the "Passion Pit" of the South Oval. The actual lighting will only last for 30-minutes to an hour, then a community forum will take place at Anne and Henry Zarrow Hall on the corner of Brooks and Elm. The event is in effort to demonstrate that OU cares about child abuse prevention. READ MORE

La Luna Says Adios

By Kali Carter
December 1, 2011 - 10:46am

Local Norman favorite, La Luna Mexican Cafe, closed its doors on Campus Corner for the last time Saturday. La Luna Cantina & Grill will open in Newcastle, Okla., Dec. 10. READ MORE

Bangladesh Night 2011

By Kali Carter
November 22, 2011 - 10:56am

The OU Student Association of Bangladesh invites you to their annual cultural event "Bangladesh Night 2011." The cultural show begins at 6:00p.m. at Meacham Auditorium in the Oklahoma Memorial Union. A dinner will immediately follow at the Jim Thorpe Multicultural Center. Both the show and dinner are free for all students, faculty and staff. Other guests can purchase tickets at the cultural show entrance for $10 per person. Don't miss this one-night opportunity to be part of another culture! READ MORE

Sooner Saturday

By Kali Carter
November 20, 2011 - 5:34pm

Prospective students visit a variety of booths in the Oklahoma Memorial Union as part of Sooner Saturday. The Nov. 19 event brought in high school seniors, transfer students and their families to visit the university, tour campus, speak with faculty and staff about degree programs/majors, study abroad programs, and various other topics regarding college life. READ MORE