Why I Both Love and Hate Kylie Jenner At the Same Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

With each passing day, I am further convinced that the Kardashian/Jenner clan will rule the universe by the year 2020. Through not so subtle life changing events, they have kept the world on their toes with constant threats of divorce and ridiculous purchase after ridiculous purchase. While Kim K is still leading the pack, she is quickly being overrun by little sister, Kylie Jenner, the youngest of the sister squad. Almost out of nowhere King Kylie has stolen the hearts, (and money) of teens across the country. But is the youngest Jenner just a young heart with sky-high dreams or an unstoppable monster that will not be tamed by anyone or anything?

These are the solid 6 reasons I can’t decide if I hate Kylie Jenner, or want to be everything that she is and more.

KylieJennerCandids

1. Her Face

First of all, please stop. Despite her naturally gorgeous olive skin tone and deep brown eyes, I can’t focus on anything except her ginormous lips. If you ever find yourself with a few minutes of free time, I highly recommend looking for pictures of the “in between” days, where her lips went from average caterpillars to full grown pythons. Ky claims to have been insecure about lip size when she was younger, so she now has no other choice but to prove to the world that there is apparently no medical limit to the amount of lip injections you can receive. Sadly, the rest of her flawless face is completely ignored thanks to her million-dollar yapper. 

KylieJennerCandids

2. Her Body

At what point do we as normal civilians start to question the consumption of celebrities? Seen in designer bathing suits and dresses with her own personal spin, Kylie absolutely slays her current look. But, how can someone possibly rock sweatpants and minimal beach ware so well without a little help? Although rumors can’t be confirmed whether or not she has had work done, I can’t help but feel that no amount of waist training and diet teas will make me look like that. Au natural? Please.

KylieJennerCandids

3. Her Money

Do not even get me started on this. As a student who has worked her whole life to barely pay for a college education and an occasional meal that isn’t ramen noodles, I die a little inside every time I see “much needed vacation” pics from Ky and her clan. With an unexpected picture reveal, I know that I couldn’t have been the only one that was shocked to see that she received a high school diploma. Born into fame and money with things handed to her her whole life, I can’t help but cringe when I see that her “work” is yet another photo-shoot, or an appearance, or a magazine cover, or a promotional video. Now, I’m not saying that she doesn’t put in time but I’m sure being gorgeous with unlimited money can’t be too tough on a person. (Especially when you have a Glam Squad to do your hair and makeup everyday!)

KylieJennerCandids

4. Her Style

Kylie definitely knows how to rock a tight black dress and stilettos but can we all please take a moment to talk about the rest of her day-to-day wardrobe? If you took off the potato sack t-shirts or weird orange drape outfits that she rocks and put it on a normal person, no one would think that these outfits were acceptable to be seen in public. I am constantly seeing posts from people saying they “LOVE HER STYLE” when her ootd is a sports bra for a shirt, and a designer purse worth more than my car. No one else in America would be praised for wearing this. Or having blue hair. If you are considering an attempt to rock either, please don’t.

KylieJennerCandids

5. Her House

At just barely 18, no one can tell me honestly that Kylie possible needs an entire house all to herself. This is yet another example of what having money can do for you. Checking in at $2.7 million, Kylie posted a pic of the sparkling new beauty near the house she just moved out of in L.A. Complete with pool and too many rooms for any person to possibly use, she snatched it right off the market, while I am currently contemplating a $5 Starbucks drink. And I mean just look at that closet!!!

KylieJennerCandids

6. Her Lifestyle

With a “perfect” bod, rapper boyfriend, gorgeous home, and apparently mountains of cash, King Kylie doesn’t seem to be living too hard of a life. While we all hate her for everything that she has been randomly blessed with, I can’t help but stalk her social media 24/7. That much amazing is hard to not be obsessed with. Homegirl is making millions off of random things like her style app and line of hair extensions. What’s not to be skeptical of? With almost 42 million followers, you can’t help but wonder where you went wrong.

Whether you love her, or hate her, KylieJ appears to be here to stay. I guess the only option at this point is to hop on her tightly packed bandwagon and hope she is a merciful dictator when she inevitably takes over the world.