What To Do As A Single Lady on Valentines Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

It is that time of year again when people in relationships have the opportunity to show the love to their significant other, like the other 364 days of the year wasn’t enough. If you are single you probably do not care much for Valentines Day because you have no one to shower your love to other than you dog who you love to much for your own good. No need to hide, take cover or dodge Valentines Day as a single lady anymore. here are a few activites you can do as a single lady on Valentines Day to shower your love on yourself.

Go to the movies

Giphy

If you are still not comfortable with being single and/or going alone somewhere, try the movies and sit at the very top of the theatre. No one will see you, nor will anyone sit next to you and you can get on your phone without disturbing anyone.

Go to dinner

Giphy

Imagine this: getting dolled up because YOU want to look good for YOU when you go on the date with yourself. If you love people watching you will love sitting a booth in a corner of the restaurant where you can stare and people watch from afar and no one will notice because they are so invested in their own date. Bonus for going to dinner by yourself is the waiter or waitress is really nice and will bring you food out quick.

Stay in and watch Netflix

Giphy

You may already do this on a daily, but this gives you time ot catch up on all of those episodes of Gossip Girl or Friends that you have been dying to watch. No one can bother you because everyone is out doing his or her own thing with his or her own boo and it can just be you.

Get cheap chocolate the day after

Giphy

This may not be something you can do on Valentines Day, but you can do it the day after. If you are a chocolate addict then you will LOVE the cheap chocolate filled heart with all different flavors that you could only imagine for a wat cheaper price then the day before. Just tough it out for that one day and yo ucan have all the chocolate you want for half the price.

Shop til you drop

Giphy

Almost everyone loves to shop, and you may be able to find some sweet deals somewhere. You can even shop online and not change out of your pajamas or do your makeup and hair. 

No matter if your single, in a relationship, or newly single you deserve love on Valentines Day even if it is your own. So go out, have fun, and treat yo’self like the amazing single lady you are and will continue to be until you decide otherwise.