Three Simple Signs the Friendship is Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

1. No more phone calls, texts, or snaps.

The name “BEST FRIEND” doesn’t show up on your phone anymore because he or she has made the executive decision to stop telling you about his or her life. For instance, they start dating someone new yet did not find it so important as to mention it to you. When, before, “secrets” was a word you two used together – not towards each other.

It’s really bad when he or she doesn’t find it reasonable to ask how you are or if you’re doing okay when just a few days ago you had your first ever breakup. It’s as if they don’t want to interrupt their own happiness with the fact that you’re not. Thanks best friend. 

What’s worse is the snap streak is gone. It’s over.

2. You forget the sound of their laugh.

From daily trips to Starbucks then to, all of a sudden, drinking your cold frappuccino alone, you two forget the sight of each other. However, nothing gets done to change that.

In particular, apparently he or she can only see you when their significant other is busy – meaning, they can only make time for you when their “soulmate” didn’t make time for them. Or, when you two do meet up, they aren’t as excited as they should be – or as you are. Evidently, the feeling is not mutual.

3. No goodbye.

The biggest upset is the day you leave he or she didn’t bother to say a word – not even a text. Even if they were too busy, it doesn’t take more than three seconds to say “bye.”