An Open Letter to Those Who Don’t Feel They’re Good Enough

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

To anyone whom may feel they are unworthy,

You are you, and no one can take that away from you. The worst you can do is try to become someone you aren’t. As cliché as it may sound, be yourself. Be beautiful, because you are enough. You are far beyond that and you are unique because you are your own and nobody can take that away from you.

Yeah, you may see everyone doing things differently or maybe the crowd you hang around doesn’t want to accept you for who you are but that is their problem. Surround yourself by people who love you for who you are and wont judge you, even if it means hanging out with a different crowd. You were made very carefully by God himself and that is already way beyond it.

No one is perfect. Don’t let anyone bring you down, including yourself. Try motivating yourself in the morning while getting ready and throughout the day compliment yourself on what you like. Doing little things like this is very important because self-love is what should always come first. If you don’t love yourself, it’ll only make it that much harder to feel good enough for everyone else and honestly, the only person who can be the judge of that is you. No one has the right to tell you whether you’re worthy or not.

You are worth it. You are worth putting up a fight and if someone can’t understand that maybe they aren’t for you. Aside from that, we’ve all been there when you try something for the 50th time and still doesn’t get it right but that is okay. Don’t push something because if it’s not meant to be or not meant to happen, it won’t. Which goes back to what I was saying about being yourself.

You are worthy.

You are beautiful.

You are you!

Love, 

The universe