This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Open letter to my best friend:

When I’m scrolling down twitter and a funny meme comes up the first person I have to send it to you! We go way back to the middle school days when we use to pose next to trees holding a peace sign and making a kissy face. It’s crazy to think how close we became to each other over the years to the point that a most weekends when we don’t see each other we’re texting each other I miss you and when are you coming home? If someone were to ask me what is your favorite memory with Kegan I don’t think I would ever be able to choose. We have done so many things from our middle school days, to getting ready for prom together, our fun camping trips, taking our first spring break together, to graduating high school and coming to the same college and now being roommates together. I literally have no clue what I would do if I didn’t have your crazy self-running into my room just to lay down and be on our phones. We are the type of best friends that will go to each others room just to take a nap together. You are literally my person no one can understand us except for us. I want to tell you just thank you for being you and for being there when I need you the most. Over the years you have literally done so much for me and have always been down for me through everything no matter what it is. Having a friend like that only comes around once in a life time and im glad I got to enjoy growing up with you. You are my best friend, my human dairy and my other half. You mean the world me too me and I love you forever.

– M