This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

If you were to meet Kevin Hayes, he would come off as quiet, and as a person that keeps to himself. But Kevin is far from an introvert. Kevin goes and gets what he wants, and would like to see change here on the Stillwater campus of Oklahoma State University.

While being a freshman here at OSU he has decided to study theater, and has participated in many theater productions, all while being a leader on the Theater Council. Kevin also is involved within the African-American community and is apart of the African-American Assiociation and Freshman Action Team.

This Dallas native soon wants to take his theater major here at Oklahoma State to the next level, by raising awareness about diversity within the entertainment industry. In the future he plans to become a major film director, in which he wants to change the perspectives, and would personally not discriminate against anyone not matter their race, sex, or gender.

“Challenge yourself to change.” Kevin stated to me in our recent interview. I asked “Why?” Like he told me, it’s his life motto, and everyday he challenges himself to grow while he is here at Oklahoma State University.

He also stated to me, “Change starts with our generation, and the self-awarness we have towards ourselves. My generation is my first target to change, and I just want them to recongize who we really are as a people. Once we realize that our voice holds much more power, then I believe that many generations to come will hold the same truths. It all starts by challenging yourself to look at the world in a different way.”

Follow Kevin Hayes on Instagram- @kevo.180 and Twitter- @kevo180

Jasmine Fain

OK State '19

Is a Senior at the BRIGHTEST campus in the nation Oklahoma State University. She is a Professional Writing major with a Minor in Linguistics. Check out her articles each week to keep up to date on the many fun things that OSU has to offer. In your spare time also check out her blog LIVINGWITHJ to catch a preview of her life!