This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

To the one who has loved me through all the different seasons of my life, here’s a thank you for being my best friend

We became friends during middle school. A time that everyone has to fight just to survive. Even as a young girl, you always had a light. Your energy was loving, and playful and I truly believe you helped me grow towards the light instead of the opposite. We spent our time playing Mario Cart, Eating Braums pepperoni pizza and singing duets- you were always telling me I had a good voice when we both know that’s not true haha. But even though that might not be my strength it’s definitely yours. When you sing it reminds me of your soul, peaceful yet powerful at the same time. Middle school and High school were huge growing experiences for you and I both. When we got to high school we spent time being close and other times not as close, but we always found a way back to our friendship and It felt as if we never left it. In high school when I broke my leg, you were the one who called the ambulance, and you stayed a constant even though I was very bitter at life for my situation. You’ve always been much better at handling life’s obstacles with grace. No matter what circumstance you are in, You are ALWAYS loving to others, and I have always admired you for that. Senior Year of high school we decided to go to the same college, and It was the best decision. We both went through horrible breakups at the same time, and we spent as much time as we could together. Again after my experience I was bitter and would take it out on people, while you loved me through my intense energy as well as tried to heal from your own break up. You went through so many transitions that year, and I know your head is often in the clouds, but you handle life so playfully- you remind me that everything will be okay no matter how bad the situation is. Now we are sophomores in college and I feel we are finally at the same stage in our life. Both struggling with our thoughts, but striving to grow towards the light. Tess, I can’t thank you enough for your presence in my life. I truly don’t know how I got so lucky to have a best friend like you but I will be forever grateful to you because you have helped me grow in so many ways. You are intelligent, and you’re on a constant journey to learn and grow. You’re creative and artistic. You are so joyful to be around, you could help bring happiness to anyone who is missing it. You make people feel important, especially those you love. You think about life, and we have the best hippie talks ever. You know my strengths and my weakness but you treat me like I have no faults. The most imporatnt thing to me is intentionality, and you have nothing but good intentions and you are make our friendship feel so important.  You are the light that everyone should strive to be. No one truly understands me like you do, and life is so much better having you in it. You push me to be my best self, and my happiest self. Thank you for being the Yang to my Yin. Heres to the many mores changes-both mentally and spiritually we may encounter together, and the life we put into however many years we have left. 

Living for the adventure and loving others.