The Kid Who Changed OSU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Every student comes to into college to discover themselves, and to gain a career, but never look past these ideals.

Some individuals leave a legacy that impacts others, but few become OSU legends.

Who is the newest Senior that will leave an impact on our campus?

Continue to find out!

~~~

James Sullivan is a 22-year-old Senior whom originally came from Plano, Texas to OSU in hopes of pursuing a career in Sports Media. While completing his degree, James has continually been involved in various organizations such as OSU Res-Life, African-American Association, The Epsilon Epsilon Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, where he serves as the current President, and the former Vice-President of the National Pan-Hellenic Council.

While interviewing James, I asked him about his influence on campus, and who has influenced him the most. ” Life influences me, as I try to take the experiences in life, and learn from them “, he stated. Even though the world around him is what continually drives him to create a greater legacy here at OSU, he does not forget that there are others whom look up to him for guidance around this Stillwater campus.

” I want to be the guy that influences the students that came after me, to attempt the things I never did. That’s the greatest influence I could leave upon them.”

As James continues on in life, he wants to leave a greater impact in the world, by furthering his knowledge in pursuing a master’s degree within the sports media field, and also providing freelance media work, in the midst creating his own publication company.

With life’s influence, we see that throughout his journey life gave him the opportunity to become a leader within The Epsilon Epsilon Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity. When asked about the pressure to live up to the founder’s accomplishments, but also to replicate what they did here at OSU, James couldn’t have provided a better perspective stating, “It’s all about doing my part, even if it isn’t as big as their contributions. It is cool to look back, and see all of their accomplishments, but the work is never finished. I have a small part to contribute to their legacy on campus, and I will fulfill that.”

With all that James has done, you can see why so many people around campus look up to his leadership, but the OSU Student Body has become a group of people that James appreciates the most. ” My greatest accomplishment so far, is being able to talk to so many people around campus. There are a lot of people you meet in college, and being able to network with so many people, and find the genuine aspects in having a conversation with others, is what I’m most proud of.”

In the words of Drake’s song, ” If I die, I’m a legend”, we see that James Sullivan has simply defined what it means to be a legend here at OSU. ” As goofy as I am on the outside, I continue to take my journey and impacting our campus in a serious aspect.” ” I feel the journey a lot more than when I first began, and are grateful to Alpha Phi Alpha for bringing out the confidence I needed to get business done.” These aspects are what makes James the legend that he is.

An impact that will never be forgotten is how James Sullivan, a kid from Plano, Texas, came and defined what it means to become a leader here at Oklahoma State University. With his leadership he as influenced many to step into places, that they may have never desired to go into, but also through getting to know his student body, he has imprinted a mark in the lives of others that will always be remembered. As he moves on, his legacy will continue on in the many people he has impacted here at Oklahoma State University.

Ladies and Gentlemen, He is James Sullivan, One of OSU’s greatest, and one that will always be remembered.

James Sullivan – Twitter & Instagram : @vintagejames_ 

Jasmine Fain

OK State '19

Is a Senior at the BRIGHTEST campus in the nation Oklahoma State University. She is a Professional Writing major with a Minor in Linguistics. Check out her articles each week to keep up to date on the many fun things that OSU has to offer. In your spare time also check out her blog LIVINGWITHJ to catch a preview of her life!