This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Humans vs Zombies is a game that was invented in 2005 at Goucher College. It is now played at more than 650 colleges and universities across the world.

Oklahoma State is one of these universities. HvZ was played from March 6 to 11 this year. Participants wore lime green bandannas and carried Toy Nerf Blasters around campus.

Those who signed up played in between classes and traveled in groups.

Grace Greenawalt, a freshman majoring in Early Childhood Education, signed up to participate.

“I think it looks fun and the players are really intense,” Greenawalt said. “It’s a really good way for people to get together on campus.”

A lot of groups could be seen wandering campus over the course of the game. Groups of players walked around at night looking for targets.

Students who did not participate in the game watched as the game was played. Some were concerned that bystanders would be affected, but most enjoyed watching the event.

“I don’t think it affects [bystanders] at all,” Greenawalt said. “It is entertaining to watch between classes.”

Each year students, faculty and staff can sign up to participate in the event.

Natasha Norman, a freshman Psychology major, plans on signing up next year.

“It’s just really entertaining,” Norman said. “I see them running around, laughing and having fun with each other.”

While some students took to Twitter to talk about the inconvenience of the event, most feel like the event is fun to watch.

Strategic Communications major and English minor at Oklahoma State University. Campus Correspondent for the Oklahoma State chapter.