stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Get That Spring Break Body

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Spring break is right around the corner and everyone is hoping to have that picturesque body. Obviously some have slacked a little bit and others have been working so hard you hurt for them. No matter who you are in this race to spring break you still want to look and feel good about yourself. Here are just a few tips and tricks on how to maybe not have the ultimate spring break bod, but at least have you feeling good about yourself and get you a jumpstart for the summer.

1. Drink more water

You probably have heard drink more water for years now, but it is completely true. The more water you drink the more hydrated you are. Being hydrated has so many perks and one of them is making you feel fuller so the fuller you feel the less you eat. Also you will not be consuming the sugar that is in juices, pop or any other beverage.

2. Consume more fruits and veggies

Eating healthier foods wont get you to that spring break bod fast, but come summertime you will be looking and feeling good. Not only do they help with your energy, but also they are better for your body and fill you faster than say a bag of chips.

3. Working out

If you don’t like going to the gym try at home workouts. They have ones on YouTube that will definitely get your heart rate going. Start out slow if you have to and then work your way up with more reps or heavier weights.

4. Don’t do a fast/cleanse

Unless you have done a fast or cleanse before and you know how your body reacts to it I would stay away. A fast or cleanse is not an easy fix to what you are trying to achieve. Whatever you lose you will gain back unless you change you eating habits and continue working out. If you are thinking about doing one of these two, proceed with caution and listen to your body.

5. Get a buddy

Everything tends to be better when you are doing it with someone else. You have a cheerleader and a competitor right there with you. Try to find someone that is already fit and can teach you the things that they do so that you don’t get bored with what you the lame crunches you do every time you workout.

6. Have a cheat day

Majority of people who are trying to lost weight try to go cold turkey with junk food, candy and other foods high in calories and sugar, but really you need those things sometimes. It is ok to have 1 cheat day and to eat a burger, cheese fries with a pop as long as everything is eaten in moderation.

Being healthy and eating right are not handed to you it is something you have to work for. You may not have the spring break bod you were hoping for, but if you follow these things and continue them through out, by the summer you will be looking and feeling good. Then when next spring break comes around you will already have that body you were hoping for this year.