Guys Speak out about SEX

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

In College sex is something that is talked about and thought about a lot. It’s not just guys either; girls are comparing notes and trying to figure out what guys are really thinking. Well, the questioning is over. After interviewing some guys, I got some answers about sex, which were different than what I expected. 

To a girl, losing her virginity is supposed to be magical and special. Sadly, most of the time it isn’t. It is actually the opposite; awkward, fast and uncomfortable. Well guess what, it is the same for guys. The first time people have sex is typically talked about and planned out. The guys I interviewed told me that they want to talk about sex to make sure it is the right step for them and the girl, and also that protection is going to be used.

When I go out, whether it be to the bars or a house party, and see a guy I am interested in, I start to wonder what he is thinking. I automatically assume that he is there for a one-night-stand, and that’s that. Come to find out, all but two of the five guys I talked do not want one-night-stands. They actually think that they are gross. Now if a guy does have a one-night-stand it is because he doesn’t see you as girlfriend material, and thinks you have low self-esteem. That might not always be the case, but that’s how it comes off.

Do you ever feel like when you go out, guys aren’t interested? Well, I was told it isn’t because they aren’t interested. Some guys just aren’t looking for a relationship at the time. All the guys I interviewed did say that they would rather have relationships than one-night-stands and even be single instead of having a one-night-stand. In college, many guys are looking to have fun with their friends, go out and party, as well as mingle. That doesn’t mean that every guy just wants to sleep around anymore. Furthermore, when I asked guys how they viewed sex they said it is something that should be done at the right time, with someone they are in a relationship with. One of the guys told me that he was dating his girlfriend for four months before they had sex. It wasn’t her choice either. She was ready after the first month, but he wanted to make sure that it was the right timing and the right girl. Just like a lot of other guys, he didn’t want to have sex just to have sex.

So next time you’re out and get approached, do not assume all he wants is sex. Get to know him, talk to him. More than likely the guy will think it’s great that you’re not coming off as desperate or needy. Go out, have fun, and let things happen.

I am a senior at Oklahoma State University. My major is Multimedia Journalism with a minor in leadership. I aspire to be a news anchor or work for a fashion magazine, I am honestly open to any kind of journalism though. I am the Her Campus correspondent for OSU. I interned for News on 6 in Tulsa, Okla this summer and I loved every second of it. Basically, I am just a fun-loving girl who loves her friends and family. The only expectations I have for the future is to be happy.