Fabulous Fashionista Jasmine Proctor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Jasmine Proctor is an Apparel Merchandising senior from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma who has been super involved on campus from the start. Last summer, Jasmine studied abroad at Mod’Art in Paris, France where she studied Fashion Styling and Trend Forecasting. This summer she did an internship with ShopNBC as a beauty and health merchandising intern in ShopNBC’s main office in Minnesota where she gained beauty product knowledge, prepared samples for quality assurance, and developed sample purchase orders.
            Jasmine has also worked on campus and is has been employed at Victoria’s Secret. Currently, Jasmine serves as one of OSU’s Victoria’s Secret campus representatives along with Kayla Toelle. Both of them are in charge of representing the brand through various campus events (which will be featured soon). Jasmine has also served the Stillwater community by participating in Into the Streets and serving as a food drive volunteer. Other leadership roles Jasmine has taken on in the past include Vice-President of Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE), Secretary of SIFE, member of Phi Upsilon Omicron Honor Society, member of National Collegiate Scholars, and member of Merchandising and Apparel Design Association (MADA)—just to name a few! 
            Despite from being so involved, Jasmine continues to maintain a good academic record and raising the bar to achieve her future goals. When asked what her future goals consisted of, Jasmine stated, “I plan to graduate in May 2012 then obtain a master’s degree in Marketing.  I would love to stay in Oklahoma a year or two longer before moving away to a bigger metropolitan area. I want to pursue a lifelong career in the fashion industry. As of now, my mission is to become a ready-to-wear and/or accessories buyer for a successful retailer. After accomplishing this goal, I desire to get in the field of Public Relations or joining a company’s marketing team to help plan and organize a profitable marketing strategy suitable to our fashion consumer.” Due to her involvement inside and outside of OSU and her personal drive and motivation, Jasmine is sure to be successful in her future endeavors. 

Becca is an Oklahoma State University fashion journalism student. After she graduates in December, she wants to work for British Vogue. She believes that although a $1,200 sundress looks fantastic on the runway, there are less expensive alternatives to looking fabulous. Knowing how to shop on a budget is a vital skill for every college woman. She has recently completed a life-changing study abroad experience in London and a visual merchandising internship at White House Black Market in Dallas. Becca wants to show the fashion world that you can look beautiful without breaking the bank.