Do It Yourself: Monster Wreath for Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

With all the holidays coming soon the trend of decorating for Halloween is on a rise.

While it might be hard to decorate your tiny dorm room it’s not very hard to decorate your door. This little monster is widely known and easy to make!

Things you’ll need:

A Styrofoam rings

3 Rolls of bright green tulle

Foam paper (two white sheets and one black)

Toothpicks (optional)

Hot glue gun

Black marker

Green marker

Pencil

Scissors

Prep: Cut the tulle in twelve inch pieces. The easiest thing to do is to use a ruler and measure out a piece of cardboard to twelve inches, and wrap it around until the roll is out then cut one end of the tulle. Keep doing this until you use two rolls of tulle. Lay them flat and place them to the side. 

Step One: Take two pieces of tulle and fold in half together. Slide the tulle underneath the ring with the folded edge on the outside. Loop the outer edge into the whole and pull. Continue doing this step until the tulle covers the whole ring.      

Step Two: Take one of the white foam paper and place underneath the ring. Then trace the inside of the ring to make a guide with pencil. Next make an eye shape inside the circle with the green marker on the outside and black marker on the inside. Finally line the white paper with the ring and super glue the paper to the ring on the back. After you hot glue the paper, trim the edges of the paper that’s not hot glued on. 

Step Three: Take the black sheet of foam paper and trace a mouth shape and cut it out. Next take white paper and make teeth then hot glue them to the mouth. Then hot glue the mouth on the ring towards the bottom.

OPTIONAL STEP: If you would like to make horns for Mike then take some of the white paper and make two triangles and cut them out then color them green. After they dry turn them over and place a thin line of hot glue and place half of the toothpick in the glue with the other half hanging off and let dry. Then place the toothpick in the Styrofoam ring.

Step Four: Take two pieces of tulle from that is tied to your ring on the top and tie together then hang to the command hook

Happy Halloween!!!

I am a freshman at OK State! I currently dont have a major, but I am open to new and exciting things! I love to read, watch netflix, and every now and then ill write something.