College Girls Side Hustles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

As a college girl sometimes we need money, but we don’t really have the time. We are young and are looking for independence. Some of us, honestly, just don’t have the financial support and some of us are just wanting to do somethings on our own. A side hustle is basically a job outside of your regular activities that brings your some extra cash. You can make it fit to your busy schedule and it won’t be annoying because you are also having fun.

Cosmetology

Cosmetology is a hustle that will never die. Women have been beautifying themselves since the beginning of time. If your good at makeup, hair, and/or nails this might be for you.   

Fashion

As the seasons change people tend to need help keeping up with the new trends. Alterations or fashion designing is a great way to make some cash. You can definitely make money helping students on campus stay fashionable.

Cooking

If you have great taste buds and always find yourself cooking something new this can be a great hustle for you. You could start a small catering business on campus. It can range from desserts to dinner time favorites. Students will always enjoy a good home cooked meal.

We all know college is a struggle and none of these may work for you, but that doesn’t mean you should give up. Be Creative! Be Productive! And come be a part of this hustle.

Jasmine Fain

OK State '19

Is a Senior at the BRIGHTEST campus in the nation Oklahoma State University. She is a Professional Writing major with a Minor in Linguistics. Check out her articles each week to keep up to date on the many fun things that OSU has to offer. In your spare time also check out her blog LIVINGWITHJ to catch a preview of her life!