burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Celebrity Style on a Budget: NYFW

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

New York Fashion Week is the biggest fashion event of the year.  Every February and September, designers show off their new collections to the world.  All of the major trends you are wearing today were probably on the runway last season.  Celebrities and fashion icons come out to see the beautiful, and sometimes eccentric, pieces shown on the runway. While the outfits guests wear to the show are always gorgeous and worth drooling over, it’s the street fashion you see during fashion week that is worthy of copying.  Celebrity street style can be so intimidating when you think about the cost of even their basics.  That is why I took it upon myself to prove that celebrity street style can be achieved on a college girl’s budget.  Here are some of my favorite looks from these super stylish celebs, and the more affordable options that you can buy now to recreate their look.

Coat, blouse, jeans, shoes, purse, lipstick, glasses

Everybody’s favorite tv mom Tracee Ellis Ross from the show Black-ish, proved that all white can look hot any time of the year.  Her camel colored coat tones the all-white ensemble down a bit while adding dimension.  You can easily mimic her matching bag and lipstick with any purse and similar lip color you have around the house!

sweater, jeans, glasses, earrings, shoes

Okay, I know that these shoes are not exactly “budget friendly” but how could I not include them?  Gigi Hadid also proves that the traditional colors of fall can be exchanged for something more exciting with her hot pink sweater.  Her statement shoes help tie in the bright color and are an accessory on their own.  Go bold with your accessories and colors this fall — bonus points if you can DIY her tassel boyfriend jeans.

t-shirt, skirt, boots, purse

Lily Aldridge goes a bit more traditionally fall with her olive colored skirt and combat boots.  The fitted midi skirt shows off her curves, and these jersey bodycon skirts can be found easily for cheap!  Balance out your proportions with a white boxy crop top then grabbing a statement bag to add something extra.

Blazer, t-shirt, jeans, heels.

Posh is exactly the word I’d use to describe Victoria Beckham’s New York outfit.  She dressed up a simple tee and boyfriend jeans with heels and a blazer taking the outfit from casual to classy.  She stayed monochromatic with a similar color range from head to toe.  Finding an affordable blazer that fits well can be tough, but this one from UK based George Clothing is extremely affordable and offers a 100 day satisfaction guarantee!

sweatshirt, shorts, sunglasses, earrings, necklace, booties

Hailey Baldwin is showing off some serious game day inspo.  Fall is personally my favorite season because you can be comfortable wearing almost anything outside.  This is when you should take advantage of that weather and throw on those cutout booties or match some shorts with a sweatshirt for an unexpected twist.  This lace up sweatshirt trend can be bought as is, or DIY’d easily with one of your many school shirts and some extra materials.  Accessorize with anything that shows off your team spirit! 

It can be challenging to find exactly what you want for a price that you can actually afford, but I promise it is possible.  There’s no reason all girls can’t look and feel amazing without breaking the bank.  Here’s to New York Fashion Week and all of the outfit ideas we will be saving on Pinterest for years to come!

Former President of Her Campus at Oklahoma State University.  Laney is a senior Graphic Design major.  Laney is passionate about philanthropy, activism, education, and art.  When she isn't writing articles for Her Campus she is painting, playing video games, or volunteering.