This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Name: Adam Laizure

Classification: Sophomore

From: Bixby, Oklahoma

Major: Fisheries and Aquatics. I want to study invasive species in the Great Lakes.

Student Organizations: Bowfishing club

Why’d you decide to come to OSU? My original intention was to come for my major. And OSU is one of only 40 schools in the nation that has my degree.

What do you enjoy doing outside of class? Mountain biking, bowfishing, hunting, fishing, longboarding, cliff jumping, and soccer.

What’s your favorite part of OSU? I love the people. I’ve met a lot of new people, and people are just nice and open to other people thoughts. Like I can just walk up to someone and just start talking to them.

Favorite spot on campus: Theta Pond because you can relax and chill with the ducks.

Favorite spot in Stillwater: Sanborn Lake. I just go out there and chill and ride my bike. That’s honestly my favorite place.

Dream Girl: I like a girl who can handle herself, like she can bait a hook, throw it out, reel in the fish, and take the fish off the hook.

Dream date: Just taking a hike, a picnic, relaxing and just enjoying being outside. A bottle of wine, having a campfire and watching the stars. Relax, cuddle in the back of the pickup truck.

What’s the first thing you notice about a girl? Her eyes, because they’re the gateway to the soul. You can just tell so much about someone just by looking at their eyes.

What’s the first thing you notice that’s bad about a girl? Her personality, straight up. If they have a horrible personality, it doesn’t matter how beautiful they are, I will kick them to the curb.

What do you consider a bad personality? Someone that doesn’t respect other people. If they are completely disrespectful to their friends and their family, that’s a no. I’m into people that would give an arm and a leg just to help someone random out, that’s a good quality.

What is the worst personality trait a girl can have? The worst trait to have is like the girl that doesn’t want to do anything. You don’t have to try everything, but being willing to go out and enjoy life is the best thing to have.

Best recent memory: Probably the best time I had last semester, was when my friend wanted to go to Life and Color, which is a paint rave down in OKC. I’d never been to a rave, even though I listen to EDM music. SO we went to the paint rave. It was me, my best friend from when we met up in Kansas, he’s from Missouri, and my other friend, we met her in Kansas as well and she’s from Bartlesville.  We just went to the paint rave and that was the funnest time of my life. Like we just packed up and went and then had the time of our lives. We were completely covered in paint, exhausted by the end of it. It was insane. It was so spontaneous, she just bought the tickets and was like “let’s go” and we just went. We got front row, completely awesome. Paint rave, got covered in paint. I’m not that person at the back with white showing through. I was the person completely covered in green, red, yellow and blue. That was probably the funnest time in last semester.

Strategic Communications major and English minor at Oklahoma State University. Campus Correspondent for the Oklahoma State chapter.