#AskAndy : What do guys really think about make-up?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Make-up has become second nature to people, however that doesn’t mean everyone does it right.

This week’s question is what do guys think of girls’ make-up. After consulting the first several guys I encountered in the last week a consensus has been reached: so let’s start the make-up shakeup.

Generally women have worn make-up most of their adult life, and as with anything you do for that long, eventually you’re going to test the boundaries. Having become accustomed to a certain level of make-up most girls find it easy to transition to wearing more or trying new techniques. Now I am all about people being daring and trying new things, however your face is something everyone should want to keep as 100 percent as possible.

Image courtesy of Google Images

Most guys will tell you they prefer girl with a “natural” look. Despite wanting a girl whom appears naturally beautiful, they almost always prefer a girl with make-up. Guys underestimate just how natural looking a face can get. When most guys say they prefer the natural look what they really want is a girl with a full face of make-up but applied in a way that looks as if a girl could be that pretty

Image courtesy of Google Images 

Most guys are happy to be fooled by a good foundation and some mascara, it’s the face you’re born with, just accentuating the good qualities you already have. It’s when girls begin to use make-up to craft features and appearances that they don’t have that things can become messy.

Image courtesy of Google Images

In short, stick with what you have naturally and use make-up to create a better version of what’s already there.  Everyone has unique features that should be the center of attention instead of trying to paint them into a cookie-cutter image.