This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Whether you’re in a relationship or a single pringle, the holidays are perfect for fun nights out on the town or cozy nights in.

So, grab your significant other or a group of friends and start planning.  

Ice Skating

This is a classic wintery date that is a BLAST, even if you’re absolutely terrible at it. Lean on friends, race, and take cute pictures with your friend or date! (If you live in Oklahoma, check out the ice skating rinks in Tulsa or OKC.)

Movie Night

What’s better than a movie marathon? A CHRISTMAS MOVIE MARATHON! Pop some popcorn and relax with a few of your favorite Christmas flicks. Have your friends bring some or check out the top 10 Netflix holiday films here: http://moviepilot.com/p/the-best-christmas-movies-on-netflix/3686518.

Christmas Lights

Check out your local park or event center for the best lights! Most Christmas light attractions will be free, but just in case, have a free back up plan if you’re trying to save money. Load up a car with your friends and drive around neighborhoods in your town to look for the most decorated houses!

Host a Party

Games, friends, and FOOD? What could be better?

DIY Decoration Sessions

Scour the internet for the perfect DIY crafts to decorate your house or apartment. Invite a few friends to help you out, or make something special for your sweetheart!

Cooking Contest

Holiday foods are the BEST, especially when you get to make them with loved ones. Host a cookie baking contest or light the candles and get romantic with a stay at home dinner with your SO.

Volunteer Together

Give back this season! There are TONS of local places looking for extra holiday help with cooking, donating clothes, and so much more.

Go OUTSIDE

Don’t let the cold stop you! Take a walk, build a snowman (if you have snow where you live), or take wintery pictures of your date or friends.

Try out one of these (or all of them) and tweet us your pictures at @HCOklahomaState! We just might feature you on our social media pages.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!