5 Ways To Tackle Those Pesky New Year’s Resolutions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

New Year’s resolutions can be tough – trust us, we know. That’s why we sometimes make the same ones each year! Luckily for OSU students, there’s plenty of ways to help keep you on track this year to kick some major NY resolution butt.

1. Getting in shape: It’s easy to take one of the many FREE group fitness classes at the Colvin Center. OSU Wellness also offers more personalized, one-on-one options for a little extra money. There are benefits to doing both! Or have the best of both worlds and split the costs of a semester-long group personal training deal with your besties. From my personal experience…the group training sessions rock! 

Disclaimer: We can’t guarantee the Colvin group classes will have fitness cats as cute as these…but we can’t also guarantee that they won’t :)

2. Straight ‘A’s: Having some trouble in math? Make an appointment at the Math Learning Success Center on the 5th floor of the Edmon Low Library. Need some help with your writing skills? The OSU Writing Center on the 4th floor of the Student Union has you covered. Work on your chemistry skills with that cutie you’ve been eyeing from the first day of class or hit up a friend who naturally just gets all the maths. Whatever it is, don’t be afraid to ask for help!

3. Try something new: There is a whole department on campus called Campus Life devoted strictly to OSU student organizations. It’s easy to find a new group when they have them listed in alphabetical order and searchable by interest! Want to learn how to salsa dance after binge watching Dancing With the Stars? The Latin Dancing & Cultural Club might be up your alley. Or maybe you want to work on your online writing skills (hint hint…Her Campus Ok State)? There are tons of ways you can learn something new and make some pretty amazing friends in the process!

4. Save money: Some of us had budgeting classes in high school. Some of us did not. And a credit score? We know we probably don’t have much of one…yet. Either way, OSU Scholarships & Financial Aid provides you with tools to sharpen those finance skills now so you can feel proud that you have some money in your savings account at the end of the semester and maybe come out of college a little less in student loan debt.

5. Find an awesome job/internship: OSU Career Services can hook you up with so much more than useful career advice. They also help you work on your resume, set up mock interviews, get you some professional-looking business cards and send you off with some free Thank You cards for all those job/internship interviews you go on this year! Goodbye broke college student with no job experience. Hello employed adult with a cool new resume!

Armed with some new knowlege and resources at OSU, it’s time to get out there and make 2016 the year you finally knock some of these resolutions off your list for good!!!

I'm a first-year grad student at Oklahoma State University. I am involved with communication studies and gender issues. I'm a dog-person, not a cat-person, but only because I'm allergic to cats. I enjoy documentaries on Netflix and my favorite food is every food.