5 Signs Your Type Must Be Country

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Everyone has a type or preference when it comes to what they are looking for in their significant other.

Here’s a few signs to confirm if you are looking for a country boy!

1. If their jeans aren’t starched you don’t even spare them a second glance.

Ladies, I don’t know about you, but I was raised admiring the great George Strait, and as I’ve grown older, I’ve decided that if you can’t rock starched jeans like George, you just aren’t the man for me.

2. You expect a firm handshake.

Gentlemen, you are not in a pageant, so there is no need for teacup hands. I was raised on the belief that a firm handshake is one of the biggest signs of respect, and I’ve learned most country boys have received that message too.

3. You like when he responds “Yes ma’am.”

God Bless the country moms who raised their boys to say “yes ma’am.” I’ve known quite a few girls who can’t help but swoon when a boy says this, and I can’t say I blame them. Once more there is just something about a boy who shows you respect.

4. You like a boy who’s not afraid to dance.

Now don’t get me wrong here, I’m not talking about ballroom dancing or ballet. I’m talking about good ole two-stepping. Girls, you know a guy can get real cute, real fast if he knows how to dance. Every most girls are looking for a handsome boy that will dance with her all night.

5. Your ideal date is the theme for just about every country song.

Whether it is just driving down an old backroad at night with the radio blaring and the windows down, or sitting on a tailgate to watch stars, your dream date has likely been the story line for a number one hit on the country charts. Let’s face the fact that George Strait made you decide to settle for nothing less than checking yes or no.

In all I think Trace Adkins sums this up the best…