10 Ways to Stay Productive Over Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

As fun and relaxing as the Winter Break is, after a few weeks of nothingness, you might feel like you’re losing your mind.

Here is a list of things you can do INSTEAD of wasting your wonderful days off from school.

1. Plan your schedule for next semester.

It never hurts to get ahead of the game. Look at your class times and locations to plan for any type of potential conflicts you might have when the semester begins.

2. Clean out your closet.

Take some time to bag up old sweaters you’ll never wear, and the summer tank tops you haven’t touched in years.

3. Organize new school supplies.

The break is the PERFECT time to look through everything you used up during the year and replace any old items. If you’re looking to get more organized, check out personalized agenda options online!

4. Meet up with old friends.

If you’re going home for the holidays, mark off a day or two to meet with old friends over coffee or dinner and catch up on everything you’ve been doing since you saw them last.

5. Volunteer.

Local shelters and food pantries are ALWAYS looking for an extra set of hands and warm smile, especially around the holidays. Grab a friend and do some good in your community!

6. Host a Christmas party.

Decorate. Bake. Celebrate with the people nearest and dearest to you!

7. Read.

Reading doesn’t have to be boring! Look into audio books, magazines, or biographies to spark your interest in something new.

8. Make a daily todo list.

Stay productive and on track during your days off by creating a daily list of things to get done. Whether the list is two items or nine, you’ll feel accomplished when you’re able to look back at the things you’ve done for the day.

9. Spend time with loved ones.

10. Try something new.

When do you EVER have this much collective time to explore the world? Go on a road trip, try a new hobby, or make a new friend. No matter what you do, spend some time discovering who you are!