This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

I’m a firm believer that if it takes longer than 10 minutes to do my makeup, I must be doing something wrong. It’s not like I’m attending a red carpet or anything every day. A normal day for me is sitting in a college classroom daydreaming about how much debt I’m in. My makeup routine typically consists of dabbing on a few drops of concealer, swiping on some blush and hoping for the best.

(Gif courtesy of popkey.co)

The only thing wrong with my makeup routine was that I couldn’t find anything to help my oily skin. I couldn’t fathom why my skin was so greasy. I wash my face every morning and night, so this should not be happening to me. I tried a little bit of powder to soak up the oil, but it didn’t work. It wasn’t until I found out about makeup primer that I realized miracles come in small packages.

(Photo courtesy of huffingtonpost.com)

I’ll admit, I was skeptical to try primer at first. The directions on the bottle simply said, “apply a thin, even layer of formula all over face and allow to dry.” I didn’t understand why I had to pregame my makeup, with even MORE makeup.

I decided to give the primer a try and by mid-day I noticed a huge difference. My skin was not oily at all and all my makeup was intact. I was used to blotting my face in the restroom that I didn’t know what to do with myself in the stall. I felt like belting out Aladdin’s “A Whole New World,” because I truly was in a whole new world of oil-free skin.

(Photo courtesy of youtube.com)

At the end of the day, my skin was still flawless. I don’t know why I didn’t try this earlier. Makeup primer changed my life and I’m glad I discovered it sooner rather than later. If you want to have a base for your makeup and look glorious all day, smooth a little primer on your face and see the magic happen.

Kara is a senior studying advertising at The University of Georgia. She's hails from Pittsburgh, Pa and thinks of herself as a Pennsylvania Peach living in the South. Find out more about her on her website: www.karaskloud.wordpress.com.
Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!