Why I Don’t Stress About Eating Healthy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

College is that dreadful time when weight seams to sneak up on you and you’re forced to either start making healthy choices or continue to gain weight.

In my opinion, life is all about balance in everything you do including living a healthy lifestyle. For those people looking to start a healthy lifestyle, balance is the most important thing. If you jump right into cutting out all bad foods and working out every day, you will eventually grow tired of that life and give up all together.

That’s why I say being healthy all the time isn’t always that important to me. Although I try to limit myself on the junk food and try to make healthier options, I don’t let food run my life. While I understand, everyone is different and if you love to eat healthy all the time that’s great. However, as a college student eating healthy is not always an easy option. That’s why I say eating junk food is okay, as long as you do it in moderation. For example, I know if I eat a 4 for $4 from Wendy’s one night I am not going to go home and feel guilty for doing so. I just try to make healthier choices the next day to balance things out.

(Photo courtesy of az616578.vo.msecnd.net)

The same thing goes for working out. I will not let the gym keep me from doing things I want to do. I try to get there as much as I can but do not stress myself out about it. I genuinely think, if you live a happy life that can help you live healthier as well. If you don’t look at being healthy as something bad it is so much easier to maintain. Slowly integrating healthy habits into your life will help you maintain that lifestyle in the long run.

I have found, the most successful ways for me to stay happy and healthy in college is finding things foods or workouts that you actually enjoy. Personally, I love some of the classes that they offer at Ping. Yoga and Tighten-N-Tone (TNT) are two of my favorites. Having set times for workouts also helps you plan your day better, making it easier for you to find a time that works for you to head to the gym. Also, finding a workout partner is a great way to make working out more fun. You can socialize and workout at the same time. As for food, if you have a meal plan my favorite place to eat is by far Boyd dining hall. It has so many great options that are usually pretty good for you too.

Keep your life balanced and stay happy. Find things you like about being healthy and it is much easier than you would think.

Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!