jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ways To Mourn Post Breakup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

According to Urban Dictionary, cuffing season is the “fall or winter where everyone finds themselves in a relationship.” Personally, I think I know more couples (or flings) who have broken up recently instead of getting together. And of course, there is no right way to mourn a relationship– especially a fresh loss. But, here are the best ways (in my opinion) to start the healing process. 

1. Take a mental health break 

I know so many girls (and guys) who don’t want to admit that they’re affected by the loss of a relationship. Whether it’s because they are too proud or too busy, they jump right back into schools, clubs, work, whatever. If you’re sad, the best thing you can do is openly and honestly feel sad (at least in my opinion). Take a day off to sleep, binge watch Netflix, cry and eat. The real world will be there tomorrow. 

2. Eat whatever you’d like

I also know “revenge body” is a thing right now, but truth be told, changing your body is really hard. By the time your body is “done” (through diet and exercise, I hope) you’ll be so over him/her. I’m not saying you shouldn’t work out or eat right, but for now, you should eat what makes you happy. 

3. Stay in…

On a Friday night! If watching Netflix documentaries makes you happy, that’s what you should do. 

4. …or go out!

If that’s what you want to do. Don’t go out looking all cute because you know you’ll run into him at Broney’s because that’s his/her favorite bar. Go out with your friends, dance, eat, drink, be merry. And if you happen to go into a place where he is, smile at him (maybe say hi) and leave. 

5. Become obsessed with a cause, your current clubs or your grades. 

You probably have more free time without your SO. So why not put it to good use? Paws for Cause always needs more members. Or maybe you should finally run for president of your sorority. Or spend more than 10 hours studying for that O Chem exam. The world is your oyster, enjoy it! 

6. Fake it till you make it

I’m not advocating to hide your feelings. You shouldn’t! After a month, if you’re still feeling sad, know that you can put a smile on and tackle the world one day at a time. 

You got this!

(All gifs courtesy of giphy.com)

(Cover photo courtesy of http://tookieclothespins.tumblr.com/)

Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!