This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Thanksgiving break is almost here, which means a break from school work, seeing family and (for those of us who are legal) it means celebrating the biggest bar night in America. I am talking about the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. All of my friends back home are finally of legal drinking age as well, so that means that I am not missing the opportunity to go out on the town and see what all of the hype is about.

The first thing that I am looking forward to is going to a bar with more than one floor. Athens bars can be great, but they are often crowded with limited space. In my hometown, there are bars with multiple floors and places where people can dance. A change of scenery will be nice to take advantage of on one of the busiest nights of the year.

Another thing I am excited for is that I will not be the oldest person in the bar. Since I am a senior, I often look around at the bars on campus and there are few people that I know are also seniors. When I go back to the city, everyone in the bars will be my age and older. This will be refreshing because I can talk about graduating without everyone freaking out that it is the worst thing possible since they will have probably already graduated or will be soon too.

I am excited to see friendly faces that I have not seen in awhile. The part of town that I am going to is where most people 21-26 go to drink, so I will run into people even if I do not uber downtown with them. It is the best night of the year to have a reunion with friends that you have not seen in a while.

Even though I am excited to run into people, I’m expecting to run into people who I have not talked to since high school probably because I did not want to. I am already rehearsing the three facts about myself I want to share and then ways to get out of awkward conversations. It is the biggest night to go to the bars, so I am bound to run into a few people I did not want to.

Finally, the best part about going out the night before Thanksgiving is that no matter how bad the hangover is, there is the best food possible to wake up to. I am so excited to wake up to an endless buffet, and watching football on the couch after a night out. If you are old enough to go out the night before Thanksgiving, stay safe and have fun this year.

(All gifs courtesy of giphy.com)

Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!