person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

Top 5 Fitness Accounts To Follow For Fitspo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Instagram is my favorite social media platform for numerous reasons. It’s my outlet to keep up with what people are doing and to observe some of my favorite fashion brands. To an extent, I also use it as fitness inspiration. There are tons of fitness accounts from bikini pros to what seems like random people who hit it big on Instagram due to their fit body. Either way, there are several accounts I do follow and use to gain fitness knowledge and inspiration from.

1. @laisdeleonfitness

I’ve been follow Lais for quite some time and have even purchased products from the brand NLA For Her line she is a representative for, such as the whey protein powder. I even went to the Arnold Classic fitness expo in Columbus, Ohio to meet her at the NLA For Her kiosk. When I met her she was friendly and even complimented my legs! That definitely caught me off guard in the moment. I took a picture with her and she even thanked me for supporting her fitness business. Her page consists of product promotions and features numerous videos of her exercise routines. Her videos are easy to follow and she will go through the workout she decides to feature at a pace the viewer can observe and take notes on. Lais gives a description in the videos’ captions to explain the workout! It’s beneficial to anyone – whether you are new to the gym or frequently make the trip.

1. @katyhearnvideos

Obviously, this Insta account is strictly videos! I like it because I know what type of post I will receive on my timeline from Katy. All of her videos are filmed in her very own gym and I think it’s a great way to market her brand and it may inspire others to become their own business owners. Her videos demonstrate workout circuits for all different parts of the body. Some of her moves are creative and may help for anyone struggling with boredom in the gym!

1. @nicole_mejia

Nicole is an entrepreneur who created her fitness brand, Get Fit and Thick. I love her brand because she represents woman who are “thick”. She emphasizes that it’s beautiful to have larger thighs and a booty! She has a great online apparel store and also offers workout and meal plans. Nicole isn’t afraid to get personal or let her followers see her awesome personality!

1. @emilyskyefit

Emily’s posts mainly consist of circuit training videos on her page. What I personally love about these is that it’s very clear how many reps and sets to do because it’s directly edited onto the video. Emily creates both gym and at home workouts, making it easier for more people to accomplish their workout during the day. This account also serves as her personal, so you get an inside look at her social life and sense of style.

1. @toneitup

I’ve been following this fire duo for a while and I’ve even watched their Tone It Up series that aired on Bravo TV. Their Insta account lead me to their YouTube channel which I absolutely love. Simply search Tone It Up and I encourage you to subscribe. Both of the girls, Karina and Katrina, have bubbly personalities and great workouts for a busy girl. Honestly, any type of workout you could possibly want is on their YouTube page. It’s a great resource for those who are beginners at a fit lifestyle, those interested in learning more or the experienced!

(Photo courtesy of toneitup.com)

Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!