Soak up being single on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Many people say that nothing exciting happens in February, and they would be correct. Unless your birthday is in February, it’s basically a 28-day void during which you have to find ways to kill time until spring break. Therefore, February 14th is just as insignificant as any other day this month, so stop freaking out about being single on Valentine’s Day; it’s more fun than having a BF anyway.

If you’re in the mood to cry:

Watch The Notebook. You can still indulge in the idea of this fake holiday via the romantic love story in the movie. Just remember that you are not crying because you’re alone on Valentine’s Day, you are crying because Ryan Gosling will never know your name (much more tragic).

If you’re in the mood to laugh:

Google “cute couple quotes,” or basically anything that begins with “cute couple” and I can personally guarantee it will be funny.

*~how he treats HiS mOm is a pretty good indication of how he will treat YoU<3~*

*~all I wanna do is CUDDLE with youuuu~*

If you’re in the mood to hate your ex:

Look at old Facebook pictures of you two together and you’ll probably feel better. You were a 9 and he was a 6.5 at best. He wasn’t fooling anyone. Be glad it ended when it did.

If you’re in the mood to eat:

Do you have any idea how many different forms chocolate can come in? Ben & Jerry made Phish Food, Sarris made chocolate covered pretzels, and Reese’s made peanut butter cups. If all else fails, just go to Wendy’s and get chicken nuggets.

If you’re in the mood to drink:

Don’t go near the red wine. It’s too romantic. Grab the vodka, and don’t hesitate.

If you’re in the mood to blow off some steam:

Hit the gym. Run it all out, and then check yourself out in the mirror afterwards. Remind yourself why you were the best decision that your former BF has ever made.

No matter what mood you’re in:

Be with your girlfriends. Best friends help you happy cry, belly laugh, destroy your ex, eat the whole pantry, drink the whole liquor cabinet and blow off all the steam you can muster. In the wise words of Carrie Bradshaw, “Maybe our girlfriends are our soul mates, and guys are just people to have fun with.”

All GIFs from giphy.com

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism kid. Avid explorer. Puppy (and all things fluffy) lover.  Twitter: @Taylor_Stano & Instagram: @TayStano