pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Seniors Say Goodbye and Give Advice to Underclassmen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

For seniors, it’s down to the last week in the most magical place on earth. They have worked hard and partied hard. They’ve stolen swipes, kisses, and probably an Athens Brick. They’ve cried over exams, boys, and leaving for the summer, and now they’ll cry happy tears at graduation. I asked a group of senior collegiettes what they’ll miss about Ohio University and if they had any advice to give to underclassmen.

Sami M. – “I’m going to miss being able to walk everywhere and living with friends. My advice would be to study hard but make sure you make time for friends and to make memories because it flies by!”

Taylor D. – “Having a flexible schedule that I get to create for myself with next to no responsibilities where I can skip class at will and go out with my friends all the time because we have nothing better to do. My advice is to enjoy it while you can.”

Kelsey R. – “I’m going to miss my friends and The Crystal because bars near Cleveland don’t even know what a Dirty Shirley is. My advice is to go out or hangout with friends even if you’re broke or aren’t in the mood. You won’t get those nights back!”

Amy B. – “I’ll miss seeing familiar faces everywhere I go and having a flexible schedule. My advice is to make the most of it, because you’ll be surprised how fast these years go- make a bucket list!”

Natalee B. – “I’m going to miss the care free lifestyle and being able to hang out with my best friends every day. My advice would be live up every day. Take advantage of every opportunity that is presented but also remember to relax and have fun.”

Are you leaving OU? What are your thoughts and advice? Tweet us @HerCampusOhioU!

All photos used with permission by interviewees.

Ohio University 2017 Alumna Communication Studies major | Business minor | Social Media certificate Qnary | Client Success Manager Some Good Wine | Event and Marketing Director Delta Zeta Alumna | Public Relations Advisor Her Campus | Chapter Advisor and past Campus Correspondent PRSSA | Mentor Living my best life in NYC.
Emily is a junior and HCOU's campus correspondent and editor in chief! Check her out on Twitter, @edafffffron (five f's).