The Right Makeup to Wear with Your Glasses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Geek, four-eyes, nerd… These are all names that have been associated with those who wear glasses. These stereotypes are a thing of the past since glasses are becoming more of a fashion statement than a hindrance; plus, they’re an obvious necessity to some. So why should you have to sacrifice your beauty trends for the sake of sight? You shouldn’t. Anyone who has subpar vision knows the struggle of your features getting lost behind your glasses, so ladies, it’s time to put your makeup skills to work and follow these tips to make sure you look as fierce as possible in your frames:

• Once you apply your foundation or concealer, be sure to set it with a powder.  Unset foundation is tacky and can become slippery and even greasy much faster, which will allow your specs to slide right off your nose.

Try: Kody Airspun Powder in Translucent

• Brows, brows, brows! Everyone is all about the eyebrows these days, but it is especially important to fill them in when you’re wearing glasses. Thicker brows help ensure that your frames don’t overtake your face.

Try: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade

Photo: s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com

• A little bit of eyeliner can really help to make sure your eyes still stand out from behind your frames. You can mix up your eyeliner game by using black for a dramatic look, brown for a softer look, and green or purple for a fun pop of color.

Try: Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner

Photo: 3.bp.blogspot.com

• Think you can’t dress up your glasses? Think again. A bright lip is a great way to create a bold makeup look with glasses.

Try: MAC Embrace Me

Photo: blogcdn.com

• Curling your lashes so they stand up and not out can help prevent getting mascara on your lenses.  Use a waterproof mascara after curling to ensure the curl holds all day and for extra lens protection.

Try:  Maybelline Volum’ Express Pumped Up! Waterproof Mascara

Now, staying fashionable should be easier than ever, even with glasses. Follow these tips and tricks, and you’re sure to have a fab makeup day to go along with your fab frames.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism kid. Avid explorer. Puppy (and all things fluffy) lover.  Twitter: @Taylor_Stano & Instagram: @TayStano