Review: Breaking Dawn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

The 4th movie in the Twilight Saga proves yet again why this series is everyone’s favorite guilty pleasure. The story line keeps every returning to this romantic syfy, but some of the moments that Edward and Bella have are just too uncomfortable, even for the biggest Twilight junkie.

The role of Bella brings back another clumsy, awkward Kristen Stewart. The most anticipated wedding between Bella and Edward starts with Bella acting as if her father is escorting to the guillotine. What should be the most exciting moment for fans becomes slightly unsettling.

I do have to say my youth was revisited with the funniest scene of all, the scenes where the wolves talk. The voiceovers were too much to handle, I felt if I had been taken back to my days of Disney movies with all the animals talking in front of me. The worst part about it, it is a really intense, crucial scene for the storyline but the audience couldn’t stop laughing. I just wish the director had them morph back into human form for such an important conversations so viewers can stop laughing and pay attention.

The movie was what everyone expected: weird and awkward, but we all left the theatre wanting more. These movies are always far too out of realm to take seriously, but the dreams we all have of our very own Edward Cullen make the movies a hit. I’m sure people have already begun the countdown for part 2, and I’ll be standing in line for the next midnight premier. Cause that’s what these movies do to people, always chomping at the bit for more.

Taylor is a graduate of Ohio University and former Co-Editor of Her Campus' OU branch. She would like to eventually work in the publishing industry with hopes of living in New York, San Francisco or Seattle. In her free time, Taylor enjoys reading, volunteering, or hitting up the most hipster joints in town.