samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

President of BSCPB: Jeffrey Billingslea

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Billingslea, president of BSCPB

Major: Political Science, Certificates: Social Media, Political Communications 

Hometown: Clinton, MD

What is your campus involvement? Black Student Council Programming Board (BSCPB), Anointed Ministries, Ohio University Recruiting Society, Student Senate, Social Connect Society

What roles do you hold in those groups? President, BSCPB. Choir Director, Anointed Ministries

Billingslea with President McDavis

What is BSCPB? BSCPB is a Tier 1 organization that seeks to empower students through cultural awareness by hosting a variety of social, cultural and educational events for all OU and Athens community members.

What does BSCPB mean to you? To me, BSCPB is a professional development organization that gives me a great chance of practicing the field I am interested in going into, experiential marketing. Also, BSCPB is a great way for me to meet and collaborate with a variety of different students, faculty, and community members on many different platforms and in many different ways. In addition to the connections, it is overall a great organization that I have been able to be both a general body member and executive member, and hope to continue to be in some way affiliated with in the future. 

What has BSCPB done for you? BSCPB has opened up so many doors for me. From making connections with national business leaders to being represented in high level campus meetings, I have been afforded many very unique opportunities in my role as president. I have also been able to sit on many committees and boards where important university decisions are made. BSCPB has also given me great leadership, event planning, and presentation giving/public speaking experience. The professional competencies I have acquired throughout my time on the Board are vast and have also helped offer me many opportunities in my personal professional development.

When will you step down from your role and what does it mean to you to pass down the position? At the end of the 2015-2016 year elections will be held for new executive board members. As of now, I am not sure if I will be re-applying and interviewing for the president position. However I have really enjoyed my time as president and look forward to the many other events next semester has in store. Moreover, to pass down this title, is to pass down a long legacy of presidents who have left a lasting impact on the organization and the university. I hope to have led by example in my time as president and hope that whoever follows me has learned extensively from me, and can take this organization to higher heights than what I was able to do.

Twitter: OU_bscpb

Instagram: ou_bscpb

Members of BSCPB

Ohio University 2017 Alumna Communication Studies major | Business minor | Social Media certificate Qnary | Client Success Manager Some Good Wine | Event and Marketing Director Delta Zeta Alumna | Public Relations Advisor Her Campus | Chapter Advisor and past Campus Correspondent PRSSA | Mentor Living my best life in NYC.
Paige is a student studying Journalism, Social Media, and Women's Studies at Ohio University. She is actively involved with Her Campus Ohio U and Thread Magazine. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @paige__rochelle (two underscores!)