The Perfect Guide for Collegiettes: #HCbook

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

College is said to be the best years of a young adult’s life; however, it can be a rather stressful and difficult time. Balancing classes, extracurricular activities, and a social life can be rather tricky for a college student. Life throws some curveballs such as roommate and significant other troubles, family stress, mental breakdowns and plenty more obstacles at college students.

Luckily, Her Campus published the perfect guide for collegiettes. Her Campus’ very first book, The Her Campus Guide to College Life: How to Manage Relationships, Stay Safe and Healthy, Handle Stress, and Have the Best Years of Your Life. It is in stores now! Stephanie Kaplan Lewis, Annie Chandler Wang, Windsor Hanger Western, and the writers & editors of Her Campus wanted to give insider tips to all collegiettes from freshmen to upperclassmen.

The book has five parts: “Staying Safe in College,” “Staying Healthy on Campus,” “Developing Smart and Successful Relationships,” “Building a Balanced Social Life” and “Managing Your Money and Career.” All parts are filled with vital information for young women. With sub-chapters covering topics from mental and sexual health to landing jobs and internships, Her Campus has you covered on how to manage any situation. There’s even an official Her Campus roommate contract for collegiettes to use to encourage a stress-free and manageable living situation.

So relax, put your feet up and enjoy this great read. You’ll be on your way to balancing a better, more successful college career. HCXO, collegiettes!

To order your own copy, click here. Make sure to follow @HerCampusOhioU and #HCbook to share your thoughts on the new book!

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean. E.W. Scripps School of Journalism kid. Avid explorer. Puppy (and all things fluffy) lover.  Twitter: @Taylor_Stano & Instagram: @TayStano