O’Betty’s opens new location

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Walking past the newly violent scarlet and yellow façade of Campus Garden on Union Street, you might mistake it for the blazing gates of Hell. Don’t be intimidated by the inferno though, its just a new version of an Athens favorite.

O’Betty’s Red Hot! Sausages and Dogs, originally located at 15 W. State St., opened a second location at the intersection of Union and Congress Streets across from Buffalo Wild Wings earlier this quarter.

Entering the restaurant, diners’ noses are engulfed by the scent of flavorful sausages and their eyes are assaulted by garish décor. Blazing red and yellow curtains billow over the arced windows as collegiate fast food enthusiasts gather at cramped, leopard print tables.

O’Betty’s, known on campus for unique and inexpensive late-night eats, offers the same menu at the new location. Full of fries, sausages, and sexual innuendo, O’Betty’s “varieTEASE” has something for all tastes. For a tamer flavor, try the Blaze hot dog (my favorite!), an all-beef hot dog in a natural casing topped with smoked bacon and cool, sweet cole slaw (3.50). Late-night regulars will recommend the chili cheese fries. Famous on campus, these fries boast two cheeses and homemade chili (small: 43.75, large: $4.75).

Conveniently located closer to campus, try O’Betty’s new location during your lunch break or after a long night at Red Brick. 

Hillary Johns is a Senior at Ohio University majoring in magazine journalism in the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism, with a split specialization in French and sociology. She is beyond excited to be a part of the Her Campus Team! She can often be found with her nose stuck in a book, most likely Harry Potter, or writing her own adventures. Hillary has a deep love of travelling and her favorite place in the world in Boston, MA. She hopes to someday pursue a career in communications and journalism.