Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Ohio U Features

Words from a Sexual Assault Survivor

By anonymous
October 29, 2014 - 4:15pm

The following story was submitted by a sexual assault survivor who wishes to remain anonymous. If you or anyone you know has been sexually assaulted, counselors are available 24/7 at the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE.   The only thing I’m thinking is how I ended up here. I look up to his panting face and as he climaxes he says one thing to me, “You’ll enjoy it more when you look back tomorrow.” READ MORE

Spicing up Sober Nights at OU

By BrooklynnKramer
October 26, 2014 - 12:00pm

It’s the weekend (or Wednesday or Thirsty Thursday or honestly any day of the week) and everyone, or so it seems, is roaming Athens looking for a pregame, party, and/or which bar has the best draft deals that night. Mill, Palmer, and Court Street fill with those looking for a much needed drink after a long day, and they’re sure to find one. But what if you’re not thirsty on Thursday, and not up for walking into random people’s houses for a Natty Light and an awkward conversation? What do you do then? READ MORE

DIY Halloween Made Affordable

By Michelle Jacobson
October 20, 2014 - 2:43pm

Whether it’s filling up water bottles with juice from the dining halls, loading up your chipotle bag with handfuls of plastic silverware, or coming to a halt whenever something free is being offered, college students are always looking to save. With HallOUween right around the corner, it’s time to figure out what to dress up as and how to do it on a budget. The perfect solution could be closer than one may think. READ MORE

Fall Foliage in Athens

By Meredith Broadwater
October 14, 2014 - 4:36pm

Fall in Athens makes for the best pictures. We've compiled a few, but feel free to send in more to HerCampusOhioU@gmail.comREAD MORE

What to Watch on Netflix this October

By Emily Daffron
October 14, 2014 - 3:43pm

October is well underway where nights are chilly and spooky feelings of Halloween are in the air. Instead of hitting Uptown, some of us are hitting the couch for our favorite series on Netflix. Not sure what to watch next? Check out 10 horror movies that are a perfect fit for the Halloween season: 1. Rosemary’s Baby (1968) READ MORE

College Fashion Week: Boston

By Paige Bennett
October 9, 2014 - 7:24pm

After a 16 hour drive and an hour standing in line, I finally walked through the doors of The Estate in Boston. I took my awesome bag filled with free stuff from sponsors of Her Campus (TRESemmé, boohoo.com, BareMinerals by Bare Escentuals and Premium Outlets) and wandered around the club, checking out as much as I could before the show started. Photo credit: Alyssa Greenberg Photography READ MORE

12 Beauty Products Benefiting Breast Cancer Research

By BrooklynnKramer
October 8, 2014 - 8:00pm

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, an annual month that aims to raise awareness  about the breast cancer. Lately, beauty products of all kinds have joined in "pink" movement to raise awareness and support by donating a sum of money with each purchase during the month of October. Look below to find how your favorite beauty must-haves are benefiting breast cancer research across the country. Which of these products do you use? 1. OPI Nail Polish READ MORE

Mary Beth Tinker: Her Legacy Continues

By Emma Schoonmaker
October 4, 2014 - 5:28pm

Mary Beth Tinker, free speech activist famously known for her role in the Tinker v. Des Moines case, recently visited Ohio University on September 25 in Baker Theatre. The event was sponsored by the Ohio University chapter of Society of Professional Journalists and the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism.  READ MORE

Love Yourself

By Meredith Broadwater
September 30, 2014 - 4:34pm

It's Love Yourself Week, hosted by Women’s Panhellenic Association! Follow @OhioUSororities and @OULoveYourself to follow everything that’s going on. Different events are being held to celebrate the love throughout the week! Check them out: Monday (9/29), WPA had a table in Baker to write love letters to inspiring women. READ MORE

The Female Orgasm: Sex Discussed Here

By Meredith Broadwater
September 27, 2014 - 4:52pm

Have you ever had one? If not, you definitely need to try it. Sex Discussed Here recently visited Ohio University, thanks to the Campus Involvement Center, LGBT program, Women’s Center, and Survivor Advocacy Program. “I Love Female Orgasm” had OU students on the edge of their seats learning about the female orgasm. The g-spot, kegels, and more were discussed at Memorial Auditorium by Dorian Solot and her partner.    READ MORE