Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Ohio U Features

How to Make the Most of Your Summer

By Emily Barber
July 4, 2014 - 12:00am

Summer is fast approaching, which means many days of being tempted with Netflix marathons, lounging poolside, and gorging oneself at the corner ice cream store. And after a year packed with studying and schoolwork, nobody can judge you for indulging in these things now and then. However, instead of spending another summer catching up on celebrity gossip and napping to no end, try spending these next couple months making memories that will last longer than any tan line. Here are a few ideas to get you started: 1. Get a summer job READ MORE

The Best Study Spots at OU

By Emily Barber
April 28, 2014 - 12:29pm

It’s happened. Finals week is upon us once again. And if you’re anything like me, sitting at a cluttered desk for hours on end isn’t always the most efficient way to study. Check out the list below for the best places to hit the books at OU! READ MORE

#TBT Aaron's In The House

By Carly Maurer
April 24, 2014 - 10:55am

In the words of Aaron Carter, “Here’s a little bit of old school for yah!”    University Program Council and the Black Student Cultural Programming Board are hosting Throwback Thursday #TBT with headliner Aaron Carter!   Fangirls everywhere go wild!   READ MORE

#12Fest

By BrooklynnKramer
April 17, 2014 - 6:15pm

A four mile hike, crowded buses, and random strangers got over 15,000 people to the muddy fields of the Venue this past weekend for #12Fest. The concert series created by former Ohio University students had a line-up of some of the newest and up and coming artists in the business. These performances were accompanied by food vendors from Athens favorite places such as Burrito Buggy and Ali Baba’s as well as outside companies like Mikey’s Late Night Slice originally from Columbus. READ MORE

The Moms You Saw During Mom's Weekend

By Taylor Stano
April 8, 2014 - 3:48pm

“What happens in Athens, stays in Athens” is a quote that is most relevant to one popular weekend at Ohio University: Moms Weekend. Between April 4 and 6, a multitude of moms found their way to Athens, Ohio to spend time with their favorite bobcats. Some moms came to Athens because they just wanted to relax by having a low-key time with their kids. On the other hand, other moms made the trip to OU because they wanted to have a not-so-low key time (aka wild nights at the bar reliving their college years) with their bobcats.    Since hundreds of moms stormed the streets of Athens, chances are that people came across various mom personalities. Here’s a brief list of the different types of moms people may have witnessed over Moms Weekend.  ...

Top Five Hottest MLB Players

By Amy Baetjer

Lammily

By Kirby Smith
March 26, 2014 - 11:56pm

Being one of the most popular children toys ever made, a collector’s item, and one of the biggest icons for beauty, Barbie has had a huge influence ever since she hit the shelves. Barbie can be recognized everywhere with her bright blonde hair and long, slender body. However, it has always been a debate whether or not Barbie’s iconic image gives young girls the wrong idea about beauty. Research has found that if Barbie were a real person, her measurements would be completely unrealistic.  She is estimated to be about 5 foot 9 inches with an 18-inch waist, 33-inch hips, and would weigh only 110 pounds. If a woman had these body proportions in real life, she would have to walk on all fours and all of her organs would not fit in her body....

Eat Wings, Raise Funds for HCOU!

By Meredith Broadwater
March 25, 2014 - 3:33pm

ATHENS, OH -- On Wednesday, March 26, Her Campus Ohio U will be hosting a fundraiser at Buffalo Wild Wings from 6 to 8 p.m. to raise money for future events scheduled on campus. In order for HCOU to receive 10% of Buffalo Wild Wing’s sales, attendees need to present a ticket to his or her server when payment for their meal is collected. Tickets can be printed from Her Campus Ohio U’s Facebook page, or picked up outside of the restaurant the day and time of the event. Her Campus Ohio U is an online magazine for women at Ohio University. A versatile site, HCOU is for every lady-bobcat on campus! The staff is the process of planning more events for the students at OU, and need funds to hold these events. ...

International Women's Day Festival 2014

By Carly Maurer
March 18, 2014 - 12:44pm

March is Nation Women’s History Month and each year women of the United Nations create a theme to celebrate on International Women’s Day. This year’s theme is “equality for women is progress for all.”  The Ohio University Women’s Center hosted its sixth International Women’ Day Festival Sunday March 15 in the Baker University Center Ballroom. The festival highlighted the achievements of women and allowed participants to reflect on women’s current status in society. A large part of the celebration was discussing what can be done to further elevate the status of women. READ MORE

Six Lessons Learned from The Bachelor

By Emily Barber
March 14, 2014 - 8:16pm

Six Lessons Learned from The Bachelor   Laughs, tears, anger and love - the season finale of The Bachelor on ABC saw it all. The love story of Juan Pablo Galavis, and his 27 girlfriends, ended when the Venezuelan soccer player ended up with Nikki, a pediatric nurse from Kearney, Missouri. As always, there were mass amounts of drama over the course of the show, but they provided some insight for us viewers at home. Read on for some lessons we learned from Season 18 of The Bachelor.   1. First impressions are important READ MORE