New Bachelor: Nick Viall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

You may know this years’ recently picked bachelor as someone you hate…or someone you love. It seems that former runner up on two different seasons has made a name for him self one way or another. If you’re not a crazed bachelor fan—like I am– then let me fill you in; Viall made his first “Bachelorette” debut on Andi Dorfman’s season in 2015, he then was cut when it came down to the final two.

Dorfman’s season wasn’t  the last time Viall made an appearance on “The Bachelorette.” When Kaitlyn Bristowe became the next bachelorette, Viall just wasn’t ready to give up on the thought of love just yet. Apparently, Viall and Bristowe had former romantic links before she was selected to go on the show, so Viall came on mid-season to win her over. That move by Viall did not sit well with the other contestants on the show who had been there for weeks already. Viall did not get a good reputation on either of the seasons. He was portrayed as the one that no one liked or could get along with, because of that, America did not necessarily like Viall either.

(Photo courtesy of eonline.com)

Fast forward to summer of 2016 and season three of “Bachelor in Paradise” (a spin off show of the bachelor) is on air. Viall comes out of hiding and is now back in the hunt for love. This is the season that it seems that Viall has changed for the better. Suddenly all of America was rooting for him to finally find love.  Unfortunately, after many failed relationships he ended up alone, again.

If you don’t follow the bachelor, your head may be spinning in confusion right now, but just wait–it gets even more twisted. Before Viall was picked for season 21 of the bachelor, there was someone else that was all ready and set to go to be the next bachelor. His name was Luke Pell. Pell alledgedly got a phone call the night before leaving to head to L.A. to start shooting season 21 of the bachelor that there has been a change and that Viall is going to take his spot. Not all of America was not a fan of this decision so now there are petitions for both Viall and Pell to make appearances have the contestants of the show vote on who they want to stay and be the next bachelor.

Regardless of what happens when season for season 21, Viall will hopefully find his happy ever after. On the after show of “Bachelor in Paradise” where Viall was announced to be the new bachelor seems optimistic saying “…hopefully this time around things will end on a more positive note”.

Maybe fourth times a charm? Well, we are all rooting for him to find what he has been looking for.

(photo courtesy of intouchweekly.com)

Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!