Mike Posner coming back for 9 Fest?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

Mike Posner started as an underground artist when he first performed at Ohio University at 7 fest in 2010, but OU still loved him enough to bring him back again last Thursday. Mike Posner returned that, and even mentioned during his concert that he would love to be invited back to 9 fest. Mike had the audience chant “When I say 9, you say Fest,” and that had the audience going wild. Mike Posner wasn’t only here for his concert though; he was spotted out and about all day at OU.

Mike Posner didn’t act like your typical celebrity when it came to dealing with his fans. Posner was spotted around campus all day where he took pictures with fans, talked to them, threw the frisbee with them, ate lunch in one of the sorority houses, and even balled it up at ping. Posner just wants to be an average guy kicking it back with his fans to get them pumped up for the concert that evening. 

Posner’s opening act consisted of highly talented step dancers that got the crowd crazy enough for Posner’s opening song “Please Don’t Go.” Posner not only sang some of his famous hits “Drug Dealer Girl” and “Smoke and Drive,” but he sang R. Kelly’s hit song “Ignition” and made fans go crazy with his rendition of “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele. Posner’s talents go far beyond singing, as he played the keyboard, drums, and remixed very popular songs in our generation today. This may have been one of the best concerts I have ever been too, and I am certain OU can agree as the audience gave Posner an encore. Posner ran out in an OU jersey where he sang his final song, and the crowd was roaring with screams and applause. Posner is going to do great things, and OU is happy to say we have shared time with Posner when he was on his way to becoming a star. Will Posner come back to OU for 9 fest? I am unsure, but I do know OU welcomes Posner back anytime, and I am sure he would accept as he tweeted “Man. OU. Speechless. Best day/night ever. Thank u.”

Hillary Johns is a Senior at Ohio University majoring in magazine journalism in the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism, with a split specialization in French and sociology. She is beyond excited to be a part of the Her Campus Team! She can often be found with her nose stuck in a book, most likely Harry Potter, or writing her own adventures. Hillary has a deep love of travelling and her favorite place in the world in Boston, MA. She hopes to someday pursue a career in communications and journalism.