March Madness Feelings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

For a sports fanatic, March Madness is like Christmas. You get to watch 64 teams from across the country compete to win the national title. Big name teams will fall to lesser known schools, tears of both joy and happiness will be shed and you’ll probably think about burning your bracket– at least once. The madness of this basketball season will have you on an emotional roller coaster over the next few weeks. Here are some emotions that the typical March Madness watcher will experience.

1. The stress of picking the perfect bracket.
  1. The excitement of parking yourself on your couch before the start of the first game and having no plans to move for the next 48 hours
  1. The feeling you get when a school you didn’t even know existed defeats a highly ranked team and your bracket goes up in flames
  1. When you start to contemplate that maybe your time would be better spent doing homework than watching basketball
  1. ….and then you decide that March Madness comes once a year and so you should treat yourself
  1. When your favorite team wins
  1. ….and then you realize that you have to play a top five school in your next game
  1. When you realize that you have class when your team plays and you have to start mentally adding up skip days you have left
  1. Constantly checking your phone for updates and having to hide your sighs of despair or squeals of excitement
  1. When your team loses and nothing seems bright
  1. The excitement of the Championship Game
  1. The sadness after the championship when you realize you have to wait another year for march madness

(Gifs courtesy of giphy.com)

Ohio University Class of 2018 | Psychology major West Virginia native now living in Athens. I love traveling, eating junk food and quoting The Office. You'll probably find me yelling at a TV while watching football. 
Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!