Cover photo courtesy of thefire.org.
My experience with (little) Sibs Weekend at OHIO is something that I will remember for a long time. My brother’s excitement to see me and all of the enjoyable things we did on campus made for a memorable weekend. I think that being away from my brother for so long made me appreciate his company that much more and made me realize how much I missed him. The two days of Sibs Weekend consisted of:
1. Eating very large bagels at Bagel Street Deli
2. Walking around campus and showing off Ohio University’s many beautiful brick buildings
Photo courtesy of ohio.edu
3. Introducing my brother to all of my friends
4. Drinking coffee at Donkey Coffee
Photo courtesy of collegegreenmag.com.
5. Feeling our hearts melt while holding warm, furry puppies in our laps at Pet Land
6. Watching hockey players slam into each other at an OHIO hockey game
Photo courtesy of sportngin.com.
7. Dancing and singing loudly at a house party
Overall, it was a weekend jam packed with things to do. However, that was not what made the biggest impact on my brother or me: it was the ability to hang out with each other one on one and take a break from school. It was a much needed escape from reality for a couple of days and a chance for my brother to feel free and independent. Witnessing my brother’s eyes light up as he saw the potential of becoming a Bobcat made me remember how great OHIO is. Sometimes you need to see college through a sibling’s eyes to fully understand the magic that surrounds you.